Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hmm would this work?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jaredmb05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaredmb05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hmm would this work?!
    Posted: September 03 2008 at 5:25pm
I have chemically damaged blonde hair covered with black! If I continue to die it with a semi permanent dye would it eventaully wash into blond??

i just cant strip it anymore.. my hair has alreayd fallend out badly!
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 8:22pm

Hi, first just a clarification, are you naturally blonde and wanting to get rid of a permenent black color ? Or was is a semi-perm black that washes out ?  

What have you already used to try and strip it ? I do know that black is a hard color to get rid of, or lighten. If it was not a permanent color, then it should wash out eventually with a strong shampoo.

Most of the time either a color remover or bleach would work, but since you said your hair has been falling out I would not recommend this course of action.  If your hair was not naturally blonde, but lightened and THEN you dyed it black, that is another issue altogether.  Your hair may be too frail at this point to handle another strong color stripping.  Please apply very strong conditioners to your hair to prevent further damage for now.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic