Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats Your Perfect Nail Shape?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bratty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bratty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats Your Perfect Nail Shape?
    Posted: September 23 2008 at 8:04am

The common expert word on selecting nail shape starts with your hands.

I have read that for large hands the best nail shape is a squared off nail since this will help to slim and balance the hands and the shape of the nails. 

For smaller hands the word is to go with a rounded or oval shape to elongate the hands and the nails.

Which brings up other questions

1.  Is oval/almond and square the only two shapes for fingernails?
2.  Are these really the perfect nail shapes?
3.  Which of the two nail shapes.....grow out better?

I have had my nails in both the square and oval shapes even though I have small hands and fingers.  I have found no real difference so I am wondering if oval is really the perfect nail shape for me?

What is your perfect nail shape and why?
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2008 at 6:58pm
I like to keep my nails somewhat short and oval. I find that squared off nails are hard for me to maintain because I can never get the corners the way I want unless I get a professional manicure with fake tips.

Here's an article I wrote on choosing the best shape and color of nail polish for your nails based on the shape of your nail bed:

http://www.lifelovebeauty.com/beauty/nails/124-best-shapes-and-colors-based-on-nail-bed-shape.html

~
Life Love Beauty
rosaclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosaclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2012 at 2:54am
oval is better for me because i have long fingers and oval shape gives attractive look to my nails.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2013 at 4:51pm
I like square tips when nails are longer and well manicured, and more rounded or oval when nails are shorter. I hate pointy long nails.
Calanthia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calanthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 12:44pm
Polished nails and healthy cuticles aren't the only things that make your fingernails beautiful. Keeping your nails trimmed and shaped properly helps to create a glamorous look to your hands.

Nail Foils
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic