Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reactions To Curly Vs Straight Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
manni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reactions To Curly Vs Straight Hair?
    Posted: December 17 2011 at 7:16am
Hi,
Thanks for sharing that you have get me of full information of Healthy hair care tips.
manni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 7:09am
Hi,
 Thanks for sharing that you have get me of full information of Healthy hair care tips.
arona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 6:55am
well....

In reality, having straight hair makes it easier to groom and maintain ingeneral. I will let my opponent begin with their argument! Thanks so much! :)

Edited by arona - December 04 2011 at 11:24am
vincit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 1:35pm

People get all upset with The Millionaire Matchmaker because she tells it like it is and tells women with curly hair to get it straight.  The militant curly hair people attack the Matchmaker but she is just saying what a lot of people think.

If you paid a matchmaker a lot of money to get you a partner, wouldn't you listen to them?

I think most people prefer straight hair but because of all the militant curly people they're afraid to say that.

What do you think?
http://cuteshorthaircuts.org
WhoisKatlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhoisKatlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 10:30am
good question... i feel like people prefer straight hair because that is "what's in"
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2008 at 11:07pm

The Mane Conflict: Hair Curly or Straight?
How Does Your Hairstyle Impact Your Life?
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=5565719&page=1

Taryn Brill on August 12, 2008 provided a feature on ABC News - Good Morning America where she did social testing with men and children who rated her in photos with her hair worn naturally curly or straight.  The results were fascinating.

She reported that "when the picture of me with curly hair came up, the scores were not very generous -- a three was involved -- and the words to describe me were "teacher," "warm," "average," "frazzled" and "giddy."

It was also said of her by one of the men when she had naturally curly hair "she looks to me like she's trying to get a husband really fast," one of the men said. 

After they rated a few actresses, her picture came up again, but this time with straight hair. 

Three out of the five men gave her higher marks. They used words like "classic," "pretty," "nice," "centered" and "friendly." Her total score jumped from 25 out of 50 to 31 out of 50.

The good news?  Tarvn did score higher with job recruiters when her hair was naturally curly.

The big question?  Have you felt judged positively or negatively for your naturally curly hair?
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic