Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tiny split ends and those annoying white dots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tiny split ends and those annoying white dots
    Posted: September 30 2008 at 11:35am
Your roots may be so oily because you are overdrying your scalp by washing your roots with concentrated shampoo, and on top of that, you are doing it twice.  Your scalp then overcompensates by producing more oil.  Going water only (like you said in your other thread), conditioner only, or even just diluting your shampoo and washing your roots only once would help, even if you still wash every other day.

You dye your hair, that is probably the cause of some splits, as chemicals are harsh.  Don't get frustrated though, you can still reach your goal!  If you love your length, just stick with smaller trims, or search and destroy like you are doing.  Don't go to someone who cuts off 3 inches though, they don't deserve your business!  31" is pretty long, you can do a self trim on that length and never worry about someone cutting off too much again.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2008 at 7:52pm
I am so frustrated!  I am growing my hair (hopefully) to my waist, at least that's my goal

I am constantly on split end watch.  I trim splits a few times throughout the day.  I have started carrying scissors in my school backpack in case I am sitting in good "split end lighting" while at school
it seems like my split ends are never ending.  I don't get it

my hair is still around 31".  I did get a trim and some layers in March, I got about an inch cut off.  my hair felt really short but I adjusted.  before that, I got my hair cut October of last year, he did cut off too much (3 inches).  maybe that's why my hair feels so short
I wash my hair every other day.  I wish I could go longer, but my roots are really oily.  if I do let me hair go unwashed longer then that, I make sure I comb the oil through my hair to get the oil to my ends.  when I do wash I condition first, let it sit and then wash just my roots twice and condition again.  I use detangler and leave-in treatments and air dry my hair.  I do not use heat on my hair unless I go to a salon to get it cut (maybe twice a year)

I don't understand all the split ends.  I a careful with my hair.  I sleep with my hair up and most of the time when I wear a pony or a braid, I use a bungee

what do I do?  I am frustrated!  some days I want to cut off five or six inches to get rid of all my splits and just start growing again - but I don't want to do that!  I love my length!  I get compliments all the time

any help would be great!  one of these days I will post a picture of my hair *I swear*
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic