Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

acne problems.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SHANNON. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHANNON. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: acne problems.
    Posted: September 28 2008 at 2:54pm
well in the summer time everyone breaks out...
but mine is probably slightly worse than everyone else's. I went to a dermetoligist (sp?) and he gave me a perscription called retin-a micro. he also gave me a special facial soap called purpose. the soap did help slightly, and all the persciption did was majorly dry my skin out. the perscription only helped about 25% of the time. my parents are forcing me to keep on using it, even though my skin peels, because they say 'I have to give it time' when really it doesn't make any difference at all. I have been using the perscription for about seven months now, but I also think the reason it's been clearing up now is because of winter. I still use the soap though. anyone have any suggestions?

also: I'm not sure, but I have very fair skin, and I burn extrememly easily. when I go out to the barn I am out there for about only thirty minuets, and I still get sunburn. does that have anything to do with it ?

Edited by SHANNON. - September 28 2008 at 2:55pm
yes ludacris is hotter than nevadaaa
even hotter than your chevy impalaaa
scheme scheme plot plot, say what ?
I'm coming for that number one spot !
SybariteGator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SybariteGator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 10:07pm
Your parents are right. It does sometimes take 6-8 weeks for a new topical medication to start working and for your skin to get used to it.

Most acne medications (both topical & oral) do cause increased UV sensitivity (you'll burn faster from exposure to the sun).

Try to use a gentle moisturizer with SPF 15 in it every day.

Good luck. :)
RDYRED25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDYRED25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 10:24am
i hope you only use the retin-a at night and wash it off in the morning...it is not something you put on the skin and go out in the sun..it will burn your skin...it will work..i have been using it for over 2 yrs...
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2008 at 5:59am
 You arent supposed to get sun when you are using RETNA-A micro. Two reasons: Sun de-activates retna-A making it LESS effective and Retna-A makes your skin VERY VERY sensitive and more prone to burns and peeling when exposed to ANY SUN AT ALL.

If you are going to go outside,please wear a sun hat and stay out of the sun! Also,make sure you use a lotion too! A lotion will help with the peeling.
I would first apply the lotion after washing your face and THEN apply the retna-A. A light lotion like CETAPHIL is best.(fragrance free!)

If you find it is STILL not working,next time it is time to refill instead of wasting more money ask if you can go back to the dermatologist.Something milder like DIFFERIN may be better for you.And if you're a girl,birth control may help regulate your hormones too and help with your break outs.

Edited by julesyjul88 - November 13 2008 at 3:22pm
Arthur10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 7:50am
if you want to use herbal way to resolve your acne problem so you can visit http://www.herbalgranny.com where you can get effective solution for treating your acne problem. 
katrina_kk41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katrina_kk41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 5:36am
 Hi!
 Just stick to well balanced diet and everything would be alright. Avoid rich food; whenever possible.
greentea66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greentea66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by katrina_kk41 katrina_kk41 wrote:

Hi!
 Just stick to well balanced diet and everything would be alright. Avoid rich food; whenever possible.

The notion that acne is linked to your diet is a myth. Eating too much chocolate or greasy food makes no difference.
emmawatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmawatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 12:22am
Acne is a term that�s used to describe whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. (You may well recognize slang terms like spots, or zits). Most teenagers get the type of acne called acne vulgaris, which can show up on the face, neck, shoulders, back, and chest. Skin pores contain oil glands which naturally lubricate your skin and hair. But sometimes if a pore gets clogged beneath the skin with excess oil and bacteria, the dreaded acne is caused...

Edited by emmawatson - June 11 2010 at 11:31pm
Emma Watson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic