Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kimberlee's Haircut News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 5:58pm
The whole "should my wife change her look for my preferences" debate is a really delicate on in my household as well.  On one hand it is her body, her hair, her look, and all that jazz.  On the other hand I certainly hope that on some level she wants to please me and be attractive for me.

My wife and I go round and round over her various styles and in a lot of ways it is really frustrating that there is almost an "opposite" affect.  She will resist doing certain things simply to establish independence if she knows that I want her to do something badly. There seems to be a fascination with it having to be "her idea" that is sometimes more important than whether she likes the idea or not. 

I think in any marriage the effort to stay attractive for each other is something that is worthwhile and should be two-way.  I don't think its completely out of line for a spouse to cater to the others preferences and I don't understand why people would want to be together if they didn't have some expectation that they were doing things for each other.  That said there should be no ultimatums.

It is a somewhat enjoyable back and forth in my household.  The reality is that my wife likes the attention I give her when she does her hair or her look the way I like it but she is somewhat resentful that she has to take those steps to get the attention.  I don't think there is any right or wrong answer here if both people are happy with the arrangements.

With the weight loss wager I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.  Kim by now must understand bobs fascination with her hair and she is offering a reward for him taking healthy steps and behavior.  That is awesome.

You should get double credit for losing weight with a new child.  That is usually the time of life when the stress gets insane, the pounds pile on, and relationships get tested.  If Kim is looking better than ever, you guys are catering to each other, and making a wager like this then it really shows an impressive relationship.

Edited by trout - December 17 2008 at 6:01pm
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 8:42pm
Well said trout
It is the same way in my household
Currently, I am on the "losing" side and the resistance is strong so I am pulling back.  I am hoping she will suprise me with a Christmas present but I think Santa will miss our house this year Unhappy
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 9:37am
Ok, I see you side.  At least Kim is in agreement and you are not going to kick her out if she wants long hair.  My husband on the other hand prefers my hair long and me too!  Maybe that is why I prefer long hair on other people.  If I got my hair cut short I know my husband would still love me, but I know he would wish I did not.  Bob, if this is working in your marriage to for you to loose weight and Kim is in agreement then good for you guys.  I know how hard weightloss can be since I lost 160 pounds on my own.

Maybe I can try your way with my DH and say that I will cut my hair short if he does not pick-up his stuff - LOL.  On the other hand he knows I will never do it  - oh well, got to think of another strategy.  Well, back to the long hair board for me.

Good luck - but I still like Kim with the longer hair Smile 
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2008 at 11:07am
To me, it's very simple.  My wife knows what I like, but she also knows that I love her no matter what her hair looks like.  Looks are fleeting, relationships last forever!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
Romy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2008 at 8:29am
This haircut would be very good on Kim. Specially now she lost so much weight. It will be stunninnnggggggggg!
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 7:54am
photo account deleted

Edited by lovebobs - February 08 2011 at 8:18am
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
GC2599 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GC2599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 7:49pm
So is she growing it longer now? How close did you come to winning?
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2008 at 5:32pm
Just checking in to see what the verdict was.  I think you need one of those dolls Bob where you can cut the hair.  I had a doll when I was younger where you can cut the hair and then pull on the hair to make it longer again.  No fun once the hair was cut all off though.  If Kim is wanting to have longer hair tell her to join us on the long hair board.  Would love to hear her point of view about her hair.
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2009 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by lovebobs lovebobs wrote:

looks as if im a LOSER - yet again i have failed you guys
i am sorry and very bored at the same time..........
heres hoping the new year brings me a new bet with better luck  (this is just not my year)
bye 2008   good riddance!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be down, you lost quite a bit of weight, right? Hope 2009 is better for you and good luck with your future bets.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 6:20am
Bob, Just let her hair grow. Someday she will cut it, we are all sure of that. Is short hair that important to some? Does whe wear a ponytail alot? I am anti-ponytail. So when it gets hot out maybe she will cut then. Good  luck and just be happy.
Mike
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2009 at 9:18am
photo account deleted

Edited by lovebobs - February 08 2011 at 8:19am
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
ponytail_male View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponytail_male Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 11:28am
Hi lovebobs, first post here.

Think Kim looks stunning in all the photos you've shared (but especially the bobbed ones)!

Thanks for providing an entertaining thread!
baldshorthair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 9:04am
HAI...HAI...
Come visit the site "WORLD OF BALD AND SHORT HAIR GIRLS "...!!!

http://baldshorthair-girls.blogspot.com/

Smile

THANK YOU
0903ijkdfnk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic