Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shapeshifter monofiber from Doctored Locks...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shapeshifter monofiber from Doctored Locks...
    Posted: October 09 2008 at 5:50pm
I was really excited to see a monofiber available in the US without a C. license, I have wanting Prostyles for a while but could not purchase it.

I bought a 24inch bundle, a 48 inch bundle, and a 84(!) inch bundle.

First off the hair is pretty soft... the 84 inch bundle is only 7oz, the 48 was 4oz and the 24 was 2.2oz...

The thing I REALLY dont like is the packaging.
It's in a plastic bag, no problem there, but its rubber banded at ONE end (and not all that tightly!) and then knotted in the center then loose on the other end, the problem is when I take it out of the bag there is shedding and the hair becomes uneven...

Now on to color.
I ordered some color #2, it is completely black except for a hint of color (not brown) that makes it look grayish-black.
 And yes it's my own fault! Monitor color blah blah blah.
The other 2 colors (both unnatural colors) look VERY nice!

And I would have returned it but their policy is no returns on this product!

I WAS planning on tipping it all into I-tips but IDK now because of the unevenness, I guess I'll have to cut it up a bit...

I am (if I can correct it) planning on installing it on someone in 2 weeks, so I will update with pics then.

Ouch

Edited by Poose - October 09 2008 at 6:00pm
^..^
intl_babygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intl_babygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2008 at 6:03pm
glad to hear .. i was planning on buying some for my sis..
hmm ... http://public.fotki.com/intlbabygirl/
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2008 at 11:25am
OKay, sorry it took so long! I did pre-tip all the hair I could... I installed it on a friend and I installed half a head of it on myself.
It was very soft and looks nice for about 2 weeks.

It's not any different than other synth hair.

IT TANGLES.

Gets frizzy.

2 weeks.
Then I had to take it out.

The only advantage I see over other brands is the color range, they have great unnatural colors.

My friend hated it. Said it tangled too much. Oh well.
^..^
Extend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Extend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 10:04am
I hate to tell you that you have been conned. You were not sold Monofibre,but an inferior synthetic.

You are only able to buy Monofibre from Dome,Doctored Locks does not supply Monofibre and you should demand your money back as they  are well aware they don't sell Monofibre.

Monofibre is a brand product and was created by Simon Forbes of Antenna to out perform natural hair.It does not matt or tangle unlike cheaper synthetics.

If they had Monofibre printed on their bag,they can be taken to court.

Sorry that you have been misled that's why you should demand your money back.
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 1:37pm
You know that's funny, I have had Dome brand hair before, installed by a pro, and it was wonderful, lasted over 3 months and pretty much never tangled.
 Too bad they don't sell it online! 
^..^
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 11:12pm
Deja Vu ????

why do the threads that mention monofiber always result in someone showing up to say that everyone elses product is inferiour but Dome?
Extend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Extend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 5:47am
Perhaps because it is true!

Monofibre is only available from Dome,ask yourself why other companies say they sell monofibre,when they don't.Why don't they just say clearly what they sell and let the consumer make their own decisions.

You can get monofibre from the dome online shop.
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

Deja Vu ????

why do the threads that mention monofiber always result in someone showing up to say that everyone elses product is inferior but Dome?

You know, honestly, Dome hair is the best synthetic out there IMHO, as much as it does seem strange Extend is new and would say that.. LOL

Dome synthetic is completely different than any human or synthetic hair I have ever had.

It was the best hair.

Seriously.

If I could grow  it out of my hair I totally would.
*sigh* If only I had the money for heat seals again! Cry

^..^
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 8:13pm
So the shapeshifter is bad?  I just receive mine via UPS today.

Technically, Shape Shifter is a thermo fiber, that's something different than monofibre.  I am Pro Hair certified and it's decent.  I have worn Dome before and it was ok too.  But they are not thermofibres, they will melt if you get a curling iron anywhere near them.
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 8:24pm
It felt great when I first got it. I had high hopes.

But, like you said, its just a thermo.

Did the whole frizzy at the ends thing.

IDK which it was, I am almost 100% sure it was Dome, but Bridget (Boogiemama.com) did my hair a few times years ago and the hair she used was the best thing ever.
Comparing thermo to that and it's hard to say anything good about thermo.

But like I said, high hopes.  T_T

^..^
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 11:13pm
When it gets frizzy, can you straighten it out with a flat iron?

What about steaming it?
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 11:57pm
I used a flat iron, it's one of those wet to dry steam ones. Works great for synthetic.

It did work.

But the effect only seemed to last a few days.
Ideally I should have done it daily.
But, I just don't have that kinda of time every morning.

It was very soft though. in fact, it's the softest synth I have ever felt.
^..^
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic