Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Multi-dimensional look?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dorko525 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorko525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multi-dimensional look?
    Posted: October 10 2008 at 5:20am
Hello! This is my first post and I am really hoping you could help me. I am so glad that I stumbled onto this forum because I was going cross eyes from reading articles!  Okay here is my dilemma: I am sick of getting the same color blonde highlights!

I got my hair colored and highlighted four days ago. The stylist told me I have dark brown hair (I am Filipino but with thick hair--no Asian hair for me) and I asked that my base be chocolate brown color. I was aiming for Kelly Clarkson's look from her 'Thankful' album:

The stylist discouraged me from that type of blonde color since in her opinion it would not look good! So instead we settled on a golden blonde color!

I am pretty bummed since I wanted a dramatic contrasting look. I don't really want to go back to that salon since I feel like she did not listen to me at all. The point of this rambling post is that I am trying to find direction. I am willing to go to another salon to achieve my hair color desire but I am unsure if they would be able to do anything at this point. I don't know in what terms I should express my hair color wants to the stylist. I'm not even sure if I should just wait another month until I get it done!

I want a multi-dimensional look that involves browns and blondes. Help!

Thanks for reading this rambling post! Any help is appreciated!

PS
It was my first hair color and highlight four days ago in over a year, I needed to to give my hair..and wallet a little rest.

Edited by dorko525 - October 10 2008 at 5:37am
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 7:45am
Personally, I'd be miffed too.  I'd call the shop and ask to speak to the manager and tell them that stylist convinced you that you didn't want what you wanted because she didn't think it would look good, so you changed your mind to agree with her and now you aren't happy.  Maybe she will offer to fix it for you herself for free, or have another stylist there fix it, or if nothing else, at least they will tell that stylist to be more considerate in the future (it may help others who go behind you).  I'd also bring the picture so there is no confusion about exactly what shades you want.  Good luck!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DanaCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanaCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2008 at 5:43pm
I am so sorry to hear your bad experience! God knows, I have been there (we probably all have once or twice). Some stylists will give you the style/cut/color they want to give you with total disregard for what you want.

It totally sucks to not get a professional color in so long and then not get what *you* paid for. I think Susan's advice is good. If you are comfortable with the stylist at all, I would ask them to redo it. If not, maybe you can have someone else fix it or get a partial refund. I wouldn't blame you though if you don't trust the stylist to fix it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic