Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2009 at 9:52pm
Wow Jen looks great. I would let it go for awhile and see how it comes out. Thank you for the update.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2009 at 4:08pm
Thank you Mike!!

Unfortunately, the mullet action is getting to me again, so I'll be getting it cut this week.  I'm not loving my hair right now and sometimes you just do whatcha-gotta-do to love it again!  After cutting this time I think it will behave from here out with minor trims.  I'll post a pic after I get it cut this week.

As always, I appreciate your kind words and support!
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 5:05am
Jenn, whether you cut it off now, or trim little at a time, in the end you will have the same outcome. You have to do what makes you happy! Hug 

I can't wait to see your  hair cut. I know you will be happy when all your layers are gone!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 7:24pm
Thanks PAPER.... YOU ROCK!!!band

Getting the back cut off will get rid of a lot of layers that just don't work well.  BUT, after cutting them, I think I can let it grow and grow.... which I am looking forward to!
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 6:27am
What is your goal length?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2009 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by shortvslong shortvslong wrote:

What is your goal length?

Final goal of 25"

Currently I am at about 17" but will probably loose about 2-3" with my haircut tomorrow.  I'm sooo excited about getting it evened up though!!!  I'll measure this weekend sometime.  Usually I wait until it's wet.  I tend to get a more accurate reading wet vs. dry. 

The great news about this cut is, it will be the last 'big' cut.  I'll be able to go a loooooong time before getting it trimmed (and even then it will be minimal) again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2009 at 6:22am
I still can't believe how great your hair looks during your grow out.loosing the so called mullet is a great call!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2009 at 7:25am
Originally posted by shortvslong shortvslong wrote:

I still can't believe how great your hair looks during your grow out.loosing the so called mullet is a great call!

Aww thanks!  You are very sweet to say!Heart

OK, so here are a couple of pics regarding the mullet and then the cut yesterday.  I feel sooo much better about how it looks; even if I *do* miss the length a little!  Hubby measured and said I only lost an inch, so not too bad!

***sorry about how BIG these files are... I never figured out how to make them smaller on this site***

Edited by smilinjenn71 - April 04 2009 at 7:26am
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2009 at 8:24am
Wow, Jenn, you sure did have alot of layers! Maybe now that you have some of the back cut off it won't look so bad growing out. Love the color and condition. It's going to look great longer!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2009 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Wow, Jenn, you sure did have alot of layers! Maybe now that you have some of the back cut off it won't look so bad growing out. Love the color and condition. It's going to look great longer!!!

Girl, don't I know it, about the layers!!  EEKS!  Thank you for the compliments.Embarrassed
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2009 at 1:20am
Nice cut and looks great. Heck maybe you would want to go pass the 25" mark. I also agree with Paper the color looks great.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2009 at 9:16am

Thank you MIKE!  Ya never know, I just might go longer than 25"!!!Tongue

Edited by smilinjenn71 - April 05 2009 at 9:17am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2009 at 6:58am
looks great!
Smile4Kiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smile4Kiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2009 at 1:28pm

I know exactly what you mean about the mullet! I trimmed mine at home yesterday lol.. I must say you're hair looks great. It looks very healthy and the color is gorgeous Thumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2009 at 5:41pm
Thank you SHORTYS and KIKI!!Embarrassed
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2009 at 6:42pm
Well Jenn , your almost to your one year mark, and your doing very well on your progress! Don' let the curls fool you they are such painwhip.

Mullet-ville is such a pain i remember it took me about a year to comfortably leave there and move over to shoulder-bites ave.Wink

i follow your thread an the pictures are great little reminders how far you've come!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2009 at 8:34pm
     Hey Jenn! I didn't think your hair looked mullety at all from your earlier back photos, but from the side I agree that there were too many lengths. My wife waited so long after her last pixie that she almost retreated back to the pixie. That was with MY blessing, moreover, it was looking so sloppy. But eventually she let me bob her above the shoulders, and the rest is history. Congrats on a good move! Big%20smile Bob  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2009 at 11:28am
SUICIDES, I know you feel my pain with mullet-ville!!  I'm much happier trimming that off.  Thanks for popping in & for your compliments as well!

BOB, I wondered where you've been lately... shhhh.. were you hunting wabbits??? lol  Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!  I felt the same way as your wife; if I didn't trim it up some, I was afraid I would just whack it all off again.Confused

Yesterday I used some 'bendy' curlers (long - foam curlers with a bendable wire inside the foam) in my hair while it was damp.  I left them in about 3 hrs and the curls were crazy tight when I took the curlers out!  However, being a straighty - they are gone today.  Of course, I didn't sleep in the overnight and I didn't use any styling products either.  Most likely the curls would have held longer if I had done those 2 things.  My hair is still pretty short though and I doubt I could sleep in the curlers w/o them slippng out during the night.  Maybe overnight will be an option in another few months.  I liked using them though b/c there wasn't any heat involved.  My goal, when it's longer, is to curl my hair overnight in hopes that I can keep that style for 2-3 days.  We'll see about that later.........

Edited by smilinjenn71 - April 26 2009 at 11:30am
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 9:21pm
Wow I love your hair. It must have been a great feeling when u got it in a ponytail :) i cant wait for that. Whats ur goal length?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 5:37pm
Hi Pburgh.. thanks for popping in on my journal!blush Currently trying to make it to shoulder length and probably a final length of about 25".     

Here's a pic w/curls.  I am TOTALLY digging those sponge curlers.  I wash every other night, put some mousse in - wet set the curlers and go to bed.  The next morning the curls are so kinky I have to stretch them out a little so they won't look like an afro...hehe.  This style lasts 2 days and no heat.  OH YEA, I'm lovin' it!!!                    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic