Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 5:42pm
OK, I've been a slacker with length shots, so here we go....

Lately I've been rinsing my hair with a Tbls of Apple Cider Vinegar and 16oz of water.  It leaves my hair silky smooth, better than conditioner....kinda crazy!  I'm guessing I will be at my next stop - APL - in January sometime.  BSL will come by late summer '11!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 7:51pm
Wow your hair looks great. Looks like you didn't have to go for that trim? Thank you again for the update.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 8:39am
Wow the length is awesome. It really is getting long. Have you tried any new styles? It looks beautiful :)
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 10:37am
Your hair continues to look awesome Jenn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 6:43pm
Thanks everybody!Embarrassed

I haven't had my hair trimmed since mid-July.  I will have a small trim in December, just to clean up the ends.  It won't take any length off to speak of.  My layers are starting to get a little wonky/uneven, so I can tell it's about time. 

Mostly likely the layers are growing at different rates from me using Monistat on specific areas and not all over.Ermm
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 7:02pm
That is awesome your hair is growing so amazing. How is your stylist with how you want your hair to be in the long run and any new styles?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 7:40am
Well......I have a BIG change and I'm sure some will not be happy with that change.  However, I LOVE IT!!  Over the past 2.5 years I kept saying to myself every few months.... I'll like my hair better when it's longer.  I was only 4" away from my goal length and I still wasn't TRULY liking my hair.  In all honesty, 4 more inches would not have made me love my hair anymore.....I'm a shorty at heart.  Short hair matches my face, my personality, my sassy nature. 

I just had it cut yesterday.  Sooooooooooooooo....here's the big reveal!

I can still wear cute hair toys....YAY!!

shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 10:06am
WOW! I love it! I have to say I haven't seen a style on you that didn't look good. It's not about the length, it's about having a style that works for you and alot of women don't.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 10:11am
Originally posted by shortvslong shortvslong wrote:

WOW! I love it! I have to say I haven't seen a style on you that didn't look good. It's not about the length, it's about having a style that works for you and alot of women don't.

You are very sweet to say!  I'm totally stoked to be a shorty again! Big%20smile
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 12:03pm
Wow. Looks great. Glad you are happy with it.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 6:26pm
HOly crap girl! I was not expecting this! It looks great!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2010 at 3:34pm
    Big%20smile Hey Jenn!! Thanks for the nice photos. Not every woman is meant to wear long hair. You surprised many people, I'll bet, during the several years that you stayed the course. Naturally, *I* wished that you loved your long hair more, but I'm happy for the pleasure that your new hairdo gives you. Happy New Year!! Bob Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2011 at 8:10am
Awww thanks everybody - especially for being so supportive.  You guys ROCK!  Heck BOB, I surprised myself with how long I held out before cutting..LOL!

We saw friends last night and they loved my new cut too.  I think they are happy to have "funky" Jenn back...hehe.  Anyway, I feel like 2011 is going to be an awesome year and what a great way to start it off!

Happy New Year everyone!!!party 
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2011 at 8:02am
Your new look is fantastic. Good for you to have the courage to cut your hair so much shorter. Well done Jenn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2011 at 5:47pm
~blush~ Thank you JOJO!

Hi everyone!  I haven't checked in for awhile but thought I would share.

I've decided to stop using Henna to color my hair.  Especially since it's short - easier to grow that out.  I cut off the long side.  It's still a little asymmetric but not quite so drastic.  Maybe I can get a pic up soon.

Now, here's the CRAZY part!  I'm thinking about letting it grow out to an angled bob.....I think I'm losing my mind....LMAO!  Maybe my hair is my mid-life crisis since I'm turning 40 this summer....hehehe

Edited by smilinjenn71 - April 04 2011 at 5:48pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2011 at 5:59pm
Went to this cut in early Feb '11.

Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 10:12pm
That cut looks really amazing on you Jenn.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 7:29am
I like it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 6:57pm
Thanks JOJO and SHORTYSLONG!

Could either of you answer this obsession I have developed over my hair?  This is ridiculous!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 12:16pm
    You are a cutie, Jenn! Thanks for stopping by.   

Edited by Bob S - April 07 2011 at 12:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic