Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 3:15pm
Clap

Edited by shortvslong - April 14 2011 at 6:14am
girl23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girl23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 12:14pm
ur hair look so nice...and healthy...very inspirational...i really want to grow out my hair too...so far i had a few setbacks...:( but im working on it...
ALWAYS BE TRUE TO URSELF :) NO MATTER WHAT
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2011 at 10:02am
Originally posted by girl23 girl23 wrote:

ur hair look so nice...and healthy...very inspirational...i really want to grow out my hair too...so far i had a few setbacks...:( but im working on it...

Thank you GIRL23!  You will get where you want to be...just be patient.  Of course, I know that's easier said than done!Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2011 at 12:13pm
LOVE this hairstyle.  I've decided my hair is my mid-life crisis and I will grow it back out some - to this cut.  And who knows....maybe long again one day.Tongue

Edited by smilinjenn71 - April 26 2011 at 12:14pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 3:47pm
It's official....I'VE LOST MY MIND! In talking to my stylist yesterday, I've decided to grow my hair out again. I told her the things I didn't like about it last time and she made some suggestions that made sense.

1st, the lack of body/curl bugged me. I also got tired of Henna, so I've been using boxed dye (for grey coverage) for about 8mos. She told me that as long as I didn't try to lighten my hair, I can get a body wave if I want to, in the future, without frying my hair completely. I didn't like how HARD I had to work for curls before, so a perm will help a lot.

2nd, because of my job, I have to wear my hair up everyday and I didn't like that slicked back look on my face. Personally, I thought I looked really old. So she suggests choppy bangs with it graduated down the temples, stopping just at cheek bone length. I'll post a pic of the style I like, if I can get pics to post.

Yes, my hair is definitely my mid-life crisis....Oh well, guess it could be worse! LOL
">

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 3:52pm
**Where did my purple font go**???

Anyway, pardon the lack of makeup but here are starting pics. I didn't style it either....guess I'm a slacker!

Sept 2011

Edited by smilinjenn71 - September 05 2011 at 8:09am
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 10:02pm
I hope you reach your goal. The pic you are going for looks great. I will be one to watch you reach your goal. Good Luck.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 8:05am
I can ALWAYS count on you Mike!! :)
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 8:31am
LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 1:16pm
     Well, you really don't need make-up Jenn. I'm glad to hear that you're back in the fold. You know what look *I* like best on you---and almost every woman on the planet. The short hair does look good on you, though, I'll say. NOW, if Paper rejoins the growing crowd, we'll be set! Rob [LOL]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 6:43pm
Teeheeee that's true Rob! She's a busy bee with life, as she tells me. I sent her an email the other day but haven't heard back. I'm sure being a Grandma is far more interesting than emails....hehe. Thank you for your continued support and never ending compliments. :)
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 8:38am
Hi everyone!!! I heard you were talking about me over here. :) Jenn, I think that picture you posted would suit your face shape perfect! I agree with keeping your bangs, I think that will make a huge difference. Good luck growing. I look forward to watching your progress.

Yes, being a grandma is awesome!!! It's the most wonderful feeling ever! We all just keep staring at him lol.

I am attempting to grow my hair also, so we can grow together!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 6:32pm
Woohoooo GAMMY (aka Paper) - we're back in the saddle again! Happy Growing!!!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 7:45pm
Hi Paper I hope you will be back here also. Nice to hear things are going well.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 11:29am
Originally posted by smilinjenn71 smilinjenn71 wrote:

It's official....I'VE LOST MY MIND! In talking to my stylist yesterday, I've decided to grow my hair out again. I told her the things I didn't like about it last time and she made some suggestions that made sense.

1st, the lack of body/curl bugged me. I also got tired of Henna, so I've been using boxed dye (for grey coverage) for about 8mos. She told me that as long as I didn't try to lighten my hair, I can get a body wave if I want to, in the future, without frying my hair completely. I didn't like how HARD I had to work for curls before, so a perm will help a lot.

2nd, because of my job, I have to wear my hair up everyday and I didn't like that slicked back look on my face. Personally, I thought I looked really old. So she suggests choppy bangs with it graduated down the temples, stopping just at cheek bone length. I'll post a pic of the style I like, if I can get pics to post.

Yes, my hair is definitely my mid-life crisis....Oh well, guess it could be worse! LOL
">[IMG">http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/smilinjenn71/2011/mandymoore.jpg" />

At the risk of encouraging insanity, Jenn, I vote for more women "(losing their) mind(s)", if the Mandy Moore look is the result. Bob   

Edited by Bob S - September 21 2011 at 11:30am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 5:47pm
Teehee, Bob....I heard that! Her cut *is* very pretty.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 12:39pm
Got bangs cut in today. I will like them a lot more when my hair is longer but at least my hair isn't in my eyes now...YAY!!
_paper_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _paper_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 6:08pm
Love the bangs Jenn! I know you will like them as your hair gets longer too, especially if you want to pull your hair back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 7:10pm
Exactly! Updo's won't look so severe now.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 9:50pm
Looking good. Thanks for the update.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic