Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2010 at 10:31am
Looking great, jenn.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2010 at 7:11am
Looks great. Notice the line you added is that your goal?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 6:26am
your goal length is my preferred length for long hair, very nice!
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 2:15pm
Thanks everybody!Smile

My goal length is actually BSL.  The line is my next mini-goal - APL.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 2:39pm
     That's some crazy growth, Jenn. No wonder you had to cut your short hair so often! Just wondering: Since you wore your hair cropped for so many years, what has been the reaction of friends and family to your grow-out? I know that when my wife beagn attaining seriously long hair (APL to mid-back), from pixie, several family members thought that they could badger her into cutting hers short(er) again. It almost worked, actually, but now she has gotten compliments from even her fiercest detractor, her mom. Once in a while, anyway... (lol) Bob Big%20smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

That's some crazy growth, Jenn. No wonder you had to cut your short hair so often! Just wondering: Since you wore your hair cropped for so many years, what has been the reaction of friends and family to your grow-out? I know that when my wife beagn attaining seriously long hair (APL to mid-back), from pixie, several family members thought that they could badger her into cutting hers short(er) again. It almost worked, actually, but now she has gotten compliments from even her fiercest detractor, her mom. Once in a while, anyway... (lol) Bob Big%20smile

Initially our friends gave me crap b/c they liked my hair short but now they seem to love it long....fickle friends we have.Tongue  Family hasn't really said much lately but I'm thinking they will start giving me a hard time this next year.  There's an attitude with older generations that seems to lean towards the thinking; as you get older, you have to wear your hair short. 

Honestly, I'll keep my hair long for a good while but I am a pixie girl at heart.  I can't say when - but my hair will be short again in my future.  For now I'm enjoying the journey.....Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 10:51am
I thought I posted Aug 1st length but clearly I didn't.  And looking on here I just realized I haven't done a Sept 1st length either....duh!  Gotta take that sometime today.Tongue

This pic is after I straightened my hair overnight. (no heat)  I think this was taken sometime in July.

shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 1:44pm
Thanks for the update Smile
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 8:08pm
     Your chocolate brown hair is lovely, Jenn! Thanks, Bob Clap
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 10:15am
Thanks for the updates. Jenn looks great. Keep growing.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 6:20pm
Thank you ALL for popping in to see the progress and encouraging me!!Embarrassed

This is a length shot for Sept 1st.  I'm not planning on another trim/shape up until November sometime.  And if my ends are doing ok I just might go longer!!!

Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 9:51am
Looks lovely Jenn. Shiny and healthy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Jojoswr Jojoswr wrote:

Looks lovely Jenn. Shiny and healthy.

Thank you!Embarrassed
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2010 at 8:03pm
I hope you can miss that trim. Looks great. Keep growing.
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2010 at 11:31am
Hi Smilinjenn. You are definately an inspiration when it comes to hair growth. You have come so far and your hair is beautiful. How long do you want it? I am new here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2010 at 6:00pm
Welcome Thart!  Thank you so much for the nice compliment.  I'm growing to BSL (bra strap length).  I've been missing in action here (and everywhere) lately.  Life has been soooo busy. 

Are you growing from a short cut Thart?  Or have been growing for years?
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2010 at 8:03am
Hi Smilinjenn. BSL will be an awesome length for you. DId you ever think of going longer and what styles have you been trying with your new long hair? I started with a buzz cut around 8 months ago and I am now between collar and shoulder length. This is my first time growing it out. I want to grow my hair down to my waist. I know that is long for a guy but I thnk it will look nice. What do you think? Check out my journal too. I started one yesterday and i will start another one as well with pics. Thanks :)
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 7:29pm
Been a while for me to on the boards, your hair is knocking on APL and look lovely.

How do you straighten with no heat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 1:39pm
Nahhh, BSL is long enough for me.  Lately I've been doing a lot of 40's pinup hair-do's because they are fun and I get to wear pretty flowers...LOL!  Good luck with growing!

SUICIDES, I wash/condish and when my hair is just almost (maybe 90%) dry, I wrap my hair around my head.  I have to use bobby pins to hold the layers.  Then I put a scarf over my hair and go to bed.  Next morning take everything out and it's straight.  If the bobby pins leave marks I use my flat iron on those places but that rarely happens.  If you go on YouTube and search "straighten hair without heat" you will see videos there.  Most times it's African American or Latina women demonstrating but it definitely works for Caucasian women as well.Smile

Let me know if you try it and how it turns out!
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 7:35pm
Wow that is awesome. Pin up hairdos always look sooo cute. What is your hair treatments like do you use leave in conditioners or anything?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
  Share Topic