Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
Author
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 6:08am
Wow,I love it!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 7:23am
I love the curls too. Itll look great at BSL.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2009 at 6:04pm

Jenn, I love your curls. I liked it so much, I bought some sponge rollers today! Smile

smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 5:15pm

Awww thanks guys!*shucks*

Well PAPER, you'd better post pics when you get your curls on...lol.  Beware, they are SUPER tight when you unroll them.  Either a little water OR a light hairdryer will help relax the tightness of the curl.
Smile4Kiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smile4Kiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2009 at 11:12am
So cute!!! I love the curls!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 5:39pm

This length pic was taken May 28th. (a little early this time - supposed to be on the 1st)  But I knew we would be too busy to get it done on the 1st.  I've gained back the inch I had cut to trim the mullet... so back at 17".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Smile4Kiki Smile4Kiki wrote:

So cute!!! I love the curls!

Thank you Kiki!!!Embarrassed
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:32am
Jenn, I love the way your hair is turning out! It looks so shiny and healthy. I can't wait to see it longer. Keep growing!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 1:10pm

Jenn I love love your hair. amazing growth :) Its getting there for sure and is right by shoulder length :) I cant wait for it to be alot longer. Can you put it in any sort of ponytail yet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

Jenn I love love your hair. amazing growth :) Its getting there for sure and is right by shoulder length :) I cant wait for it to be alot longer. Can you put it in any sort of ponytail yet?

Thank you PAPER!!! xoxoxo

I can get it in a ponytail but too many pieces fall out still.  I *think* by the end of summer most, if not all, will be up.  Too bad it isn't now...it's gonna be a HOT summer with hair on the back of my neck...ugh!  Thank you for the compliments.

I can get it up in 2 pony's though.  Maybe I'll post a pic of that soon...hehe.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:39pm
OMG def take a picture of it in two ponytails :) thats soooo cool! I definately think ull be able to get it all in a ponytail by the end of summer. Its really getting long. I cant wait till i have hair your length. Its getting there tho and I know what u mean about it being hot with long hair. :) Did you ever try using bobbipins to hold the pieces up that fall? That may work.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 7:10am
I agree, 2 ponytails would be really cute! I'm sure you will find a way to wear your hair up this summer, like Pburgh suggested using bobby pins.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2009 at 7:13am
Thanks for agreeing with me paper :) Bobbipins work wonders
and Jen def post a pic of the two ponytails im anxious to see it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 1:55pm
Piggy's.... here ya go!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 5:00pm
Omg Jenn!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pigtails. ITs soooo cute :) Thanks for the pictures you have nice thick pigtails too meaing youll have a great long ponytail that is thick as well. DOes it take a long time to do your hair like that or is it hard?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 5:32pm
OMG Jenn, thats as cute as can be! Heart It does look like you have nice thick hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 11:05am
hehe, thank you PBURGH and PAPER!

It doesn't take long to put them up - just a couple of mins.  I can wear it like that on weekends but unfortunately it's not very professional for work.  So I won't be able to wear it up for work until I can do a ponytail. 

Funny enough, my hair is fine - I just A LOT of it!  Which I am not complaining about!Thumbs%20Up
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 11:27am
Your more than welcome. Thats awesome that you can wear them like that on weekends. I cant wait till mine is that long. Before you know it you can have a ponytail at work  :) Has many people said things about noticing your hair getting longer?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 6:02pm

Yes, my coworkers have been making comments lately about how it's grown.... and how fast it seems to grow.  I'm almost to the one year mark when I started letting it grow.  My last regular cut was the end of July '08.  I haven't had a trim in over 8 weeks now and don't plan on getting a trim for awhile longer.  The *only* reason I would trim is to even up the layers that are growing out or to even the hemline. (more of a dusting really)

I can't wait to see what it's going to look like by July 2010!!!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 6:33pm
Wow very nice. Thanks Jenn for the update and pics. We also can't wait for next year. Keep growing.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
  Share Topic