Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
Author
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 11:07am
Awwww Jenn your hair looks stunning. I think u can call ur hair shoulder length now for sure. COngrats on the new accomplishment and goal accomplished!I like the idea too of not cutting any till u have ur first ponytail. how close are u now to having one? 
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

Awwww Jenn your hair looks stunning. I think u can call ur hair shoulder length now for sure. COngrats on the new accomplishment and goal accomplished!I like the idea too of not cutting any till u have ur first ponytail. how close are u now to having one? 
Thank you!  I'm guessing that I'm about 3-6mos out before getting all my hair up in a ponytail.  I can get most of it up in high pigtails.  There's just a little bit in the back that won't go. 

I just love my hairstylist.  He listens so well to what I want and doesn't take off too much.  THANK GOODNESS for his talent and listening skills!  He also thought it was a good plan to wait until that point to start taking length off.  We will do it gradually - about 1/4-1/2 inch every 8 weeks or so. 
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 2:52pm
Yay Jenn, Congrats on hitting shoulder length! I can't wait to see how long your hair will be next year.

That is great you have a hairstylist that you can trust. Sounds like you have a good plan!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 4:05pm
Awwww Im sooo glad u have a great understanding stylist like that. With him by your side im sure you will get the amazing looking hair that you hoped for. I can imagine this is going to be a very exciting upcoming 3-6 months :) I cant wait to see your first ponytail? Are u getting excited? How often do u wear the pigtails?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2009 at 10:40pm
Wow Jenn looks great. Keep growing. Thanks for the update.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2009 at 10:37am
Thank you PAPER!!HugI feel so fortunate for my hairstylist, especially considering how many nightmares I've read about from others.

Pburg, I will be glad for the ponytail mostly because of work.  I can't have my hair dangling in patients faces!  Since piggies aren't very professional, I only wear them on weekends when we are outside.  Otherwise I leave my hair down.

Hey MIKE!  Thank you for popping over and leaving a comment! 

Edited by smilinjenn71 - August 02 2009 at 10:38am
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2009 at 9:01pm
Awwww thats great i cant wait to see ur ponytail. itll look beautiful :) DO u think guys can look professional with long hair? how can i style mine to look professional?
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 9:33pm
as always very pretty! I do love your color

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 11:19am
Hey everybody, I haven't popped on in a bit.

Pburgh, I think a low ponytail for men is professional.  I wish I had some suggestions for you while you are growing out to help, alas I don't. Unhappy
I don't have a pic of my ponytail but I'll get that soon.

Thank you shortys, you are always so sweet to say!  I'm getting ready to upload an update pic in a few mins. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 11:45am
This is my monthly growth pic for Sept 1st.  It's a little early but during the week our lives get so crazy busy I was afraid I wouldn't get it done!

I had a little bit of a hair stall this summer.  Which is odd b/c it usually grows faster in the summer.  Anyway, it's picked back up this past month and I think you can tell.  The first pic is air dried and slept on overnight.  The second pic is styled b/c we were going to a Panther game last night.  GOOOO PANTHERS!!! (hope reg-season is better than pre-season...ugh)

On another note; I think I've found what I want to do with my hair for the formal wedding we are attending in Nov.  My gown is a black halter neck with deep cleavage and straight skirt.  I'm thinking pin-up-girl hairstyles.  Maybe large pin curls with a red flower over one ear.  What do you all think?  Here's a link to a page with several vintage styles.  You should recognize the style I've described...it's about 1/4 or so  down the page.

LOVE several of the styles on that page but I think the pin curls will do best with my current hair length.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 5:05pm
Jenn thanks sooo much for the advice if u think of anymore styles for me let me know :) I def agree that a low ponytail is professional so ill go with that. Have u seen any professional men with one?
I am amazed at how long your hair has gotten since last time u posted :) it looks amazing and i love it :) before u know it itll be down past ur shoulders :) how is the ponytail coming :)
i Love the pin curls as well i think itll fit u great :)
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 10:59am
Wow Jenn looking just great. Both style and unstyle. Keep up the good work.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 8:16pm
Thank you Pburgh!  Yes, I have seen professional men with a low ponytail.  It looks nice.

I always appreciate you popping in Mike!  Thank you!

OK, for Pburgh, a ponytail pic.  Also a pic of how I wore my hair to work today.  This is the first updo I've managed for work.Clap  I had to use a few bobby pins to secure the bottom, bangs and a couple of errant shorter layers.

Edited by smilinjenn71 - August 31 2009 at 8:17pm
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 8:47pm
Yay Jenn im sooo glad to see your ponytail :) It looks absolutely amazing i mean if u use a bobbipin for those few strands in the back ull have it all back :) do u like wearing it like that? I love the updo too it looks really good :) Im amazed at how long its gotten :) what have people said about ur hair getting this long?
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 11:59pm
very nice! I'm a fan of the clip over the pony tail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 7:42pm
hehe, thanks guys and gals!

I'm soooo glad I can finally put it up some days!  I can't really have hair hanging down in my line of work, so this is definitely going to simplify my morning routine!  The fun part is going to be finding and trying new styles as it gets longer.  I don't want to be a "ponytail-everyday-girl"!!!  So mixing it up will be a blast!

People at work are amazed at how long it's gotten.  It's really grown this past month, so it seems they are noticing.

Of course, it will be a little while until I can do a lot different b/c of all these crazy layers!  Can't wait to start cutting some of those off this next year!

Edited by smilinjenn71 - September 02 2009 at 7:43pm
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 8:26pm
Ur more than welcome :) I love how u can finally have a ponytail and i honestly cant wait till i have that opportunity. Its going to be a blast doing new cute styles with your hair and ull def have to try diff ones. Im glad people are noticing for u too :) have u braided yet?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 10:26am
Nice well at lest some of the goal has been reached. Pony tails. Keep growing. Thanks for the new pics.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 5:26am
Wow Jenn, your hair is getting long! The ponytail is cute and I love your updo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 4:27pm
I can french braid the top a little but too many layers and too short for full braids.

Your welcome MIKE, thanks for popping in again.  Always a pleasure seeing you here.  You are always so nice with compliments and encouragement!

Thank you PAPER.  Girl, we aren't toooo far away from each other in length now BUT I have those bottom layers to trim over the next year, so I do believe you will stay ahead of me.Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
  Share Topic