Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Afro help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
homeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afro help
    Posted: October 13 2008 at 9:04pm
Would that help get rid of the nappy hair?  The only reason I try not to wash my hair in the morning is because my afro when wet goes down and it doesn't stay up and become firm.  If I could keep it moisture and firm that would be perfect.  I am trying to go for the poofy shiny look. 

Thanks by the way I'll make a post in the mens section and see if i get anymore responses.
bmbethea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmbethea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 7:33am

Mousterizer!! Is very important I don't know your hair type but  most AA wash thier hair at least once a month and when you do condition! none of that 2 in 1 stuff either. For chronic dryness wash b4 shower add a generous amount of conditioner and some oil (any oil even veg oil works) don't over do it  put on a shower cap and take a nice hot shower. Rinse with warm water then lukewarm then cold it will close your hair cuticle and that prevents breakage. Depending on the thickness of you hair you might want to towel dry + mousterizer and pick out you'll figure out what works for you. There is a m.board for mens hair they can probably help you more.

GOOD LUCK!
Due Date Jan.28.2008
3C/4A - Transitioning for real this time
Last Perm Sept.2008
homeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote homeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2008 at 1:19am
I am a black guy who has an afro.  Ive had this afro for quite sometime now.  I want the puffy and shiny afro look but my hair tends to stay puffy for like 4 hours and messes up after that and gets the nappy look.  I rarely wash my hair because when wet my afro doesnt stay firm so I try to stay away from water contacting my hair.  Not sure if that is a smart thing to do.  My hair does get really dry and I do sometimes get white flacky things on my scalp.  So what kind of hair products would you recommend?

Also I was thinking of trying a new hairstyle like Corbin Bleu style since my hair is already curly.  All I would need to do is fix the nappy part.  Do you think its possible to achieve that?

Thanks again 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic