Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clairol 7th Stage - advice needed PICS (o:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
txsusie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txsusie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clairol 7th Stage - advice needed PICS (o:
    Posted: October 13 2008 at 2:32pm
Hi - this is long - but please bear with me Smile - a few days ago I posted the topic "Brassy, multi-blonde w/ dark roots needs help" - after doing a test strand I quickly figured the vol40 developer w/ my toner wasn't going to lift enough, so today I went back to Sally's.
I exchanged the 40vol for 20, kept my light ash blonde (w/ violet base) toner, and bought some bleach.

I got Clairol 7th Stage creme lightener, 2 packets of lightening activator, and will mix it with the 20vol developer.

Before I get started I thought it would be a good idea to run it by you guys to make sure I'm on the right track.

Heres my plan:
Mix the 7th Stage, 2 packs lightening activator, and 4oz 20vol developer. Apply it to my dark roots (trying to avoid my blonde parts), then once their covered put the bleach on my dark brassy blonde.
Do I have the concept down??

After its finished bleaching - wash/dried - should I then tone it with the toner/20vol? Or would it be better to wait until to next day to tone- does it matter?

ANY helpful tips / ideas / advice, etc. would be VERY much appreciated!!

Here are a couple of pics - the one w/ the dinosaur was taken today - you can see the under layers how dark and brassy they are, then my nearly white highlights, and dark roots. The other pics just shows the many many colors of my hair.

Thanks (o: Susie

Edited by txsusie - September 10 2009 at 6:40pm
txsusie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txsusie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 8:01am
Anyone? square 

bump (o:
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 5:37pm
HI! It looks like a very very VERY VERY very precise job has to be done to seperate the highlighted strands from the strands that you feel are brassy. For me it is very hard to see the brassy strands, more pics like the top one would be helpful. It is just so important that you do not put bleach on those light hairs, nobody wants your beautiful hair messed up.  Were you thinking on doing the roots & seperating with cotton or packets?  I don't know if you feel comfy going to a salon or a few to see what they say if you wish for your roots & lengths to be more matched.  I just worry they would say LOWLITES :P They could tell you the condition of your hair & advise.

Idk if it is just me but it seems like a delicate experienced hand taking much needed time to weave, seperate etc. would need to do this & then once it is even you could do the roots & put a demi if desired.Embarrassed

Support to you on this endeavor.

How much regrowth is in there???

txsusie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txsusie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 6:38pm
Hi, I went to the salon today - the stylist seemed to get the concept of what I'm after. Shes going to do all over foils, with a second color of a med/light honey blonde (but not brassy) - as that what I want to get rid of.

After she does it I think I can maintain it... she was pretty impressed that I have been doing my own hair, and said it looks great haha (o: nice to hear that I havnt like messed it up Smile

So I think to get it all more one tone its best to leave this up to the pros.. I hope Sallys will refund all the stuff I bought haha.

Thanks for the help (o: Star
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 7:11pm
YAY! I think "we" were sweating it a bit HEHE.  I think Sally's will give you a refund. I take too much stuff back too or exchange it.  Right now I am playing with the creme toners & color charm toners & bleached swatches I clip from my hair. It is amazing how sheer colors can really remove the yellow or brassy TOTALLY!!! and make white, pearly & platinum & beige. The porosity has to be just right too or you could make grey, blue, purple, pink or mud lol or splotches.  I only know the errors by trying to rebleach those poor swatches & tone again... It is good to practice. Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic