Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Reality Shows"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Reality Shows"
    Posted: October 13 2008 at 11:47pm
Isn't it true now that all of these "reality" shows have actors in them? 
All lot of their actions make me wonder about it. Smile
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 10:33am
Not sure if they're real actors but more times it seems as if they put on an act/front rather than be themselves...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 12:50pm
I know, but I saw this story that reinforces what I always thought about these shows.  For example the "wife swap" and "trading spouses".  There's always a very happy ending..la,la,la.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2008 at 9:44pm
True, with shows like that, thats probably how they end...I know lots of shows get edited and sometimes the events don't always follow in order, they may edit out things or edit it in a way that shows good or bad or even tell them to act a certain way, prep them like its an interview, you know tell them we want to see you guys happy, and loving and whatnot..
And also some reality shows that have "bad" endings or whatnot, you'd hear people say that the producers/the show edited actual events in a way to make things appear such n such a way
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 5:18am
One of the "wives" in wife swap lived in my neighborhood.  She said that the potrayal of her was pretty accurate but that the producers do edit it to the direction they want to go.  She said they ask a lot of leading questions to get what they want....a lot of the situations that were used actually occurred in a different chronological order than what appeared on tv.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 3:10pm
very interesting....
I guess they're all different in that some of the advertise for actors I think.
haoming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haoming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 9:45pm

Did you agree that Rachel E Reilly should win?  Or were you rooting for someone else?  If so, did you want Porsche or Adam to win?

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 16 2011 at 11:04pm
haoming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haoming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 9:47pm

Do you watch Project Runway?  Are you watching this season?  Who's your favorite designer so far?

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 16 2011 at 10:52pm
haoming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haoming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 9:50pm

Do you watch the Real Housewives Of New York City?  Are you upset that many of the cast including Jill Zarin may not be coming back?

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 16 2011 at 11:00pm
jundian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jundian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 3:40am
I am a huge fan of reality TV shows. I especially like the Bravo/TV Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and the Kardashian shows. Do you watch reality TV?

Edited by jundian - September 19 2011 at 10:24am
jundian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jundian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 3:46am
I love reality TV shows.

Edited by Administrator - September 17 2011 at 7:38am
victorianixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victorianixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 7:31am
I would never ever buy handbags from the replica handbag companies.

I have heard very bad things about all of the companies that sell them, especially from China.
Heden2v2Nixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heden2v2Nixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 7:59am
There are so many reality TV shows now that the networks that have the reality TV shows advertise for actors and actresses to apply.  On some reality TV shows like Dancing With The Stars you have known actresses and actors but some of the networks like Bravo don't want it to appear that they are hiring actors or actresses.
justjustice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justjustice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2012 at 3:31pm
Wink...I don't know about every show, but I did a reality show for Craigslist TV (CLTV) and I can tell you, it was 100% real. The premise of the show was to document a private investigator's attempt to find the subject of a post found in their missed connections section.  If you are saying to youself, "I know about Craigslist and missed connections on Craigslist, but what the heck is Craigslist TV?", don't feel bad.  I had never heard of it before I was interviewed to do the show either.  It is one of the better-kept secrets of the internet, I guess (although I heard the production company, Brownstone Entertainment, just got their first cable network series on T&E).  Of course, there is a lot of editing to either eliminate the boring stuff or hype up the drama of a particular scene, but the footage they work with is usually pulled from countless hours of following these people around and filming their every move. I can tell you from experience, this is very uncomfortable at first, but after a while, you forget about the cameras being there.  This allows for people to really act as they would in a particular situation.  Still, the production companies do "cast" the shows and I am sure they look for the people they think will generate the most interest from the audience.  They probably have to weed through people who are trying to become actors or trying to get famous, but I think in the end, people who don't have a script, have to pull their character from somewhere, and they end up being themselves for the most part.  Some people are just larger than life, for real.  Here is a link to a preview of the show, if you are interested in watching it.  My username should give away my role.

boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2012 at 1:12pm
I've heard that the producers will ask leading questions and will edit to tell the story they want to tell.

I also saw an interview with Lauren Conrad from The Hills, and she said the producers will have them re-enact conversations that really did happen when the cameras weren't around. Or, they would tell Lauren to meet up with someone else at a specific location and talk about a certain topic, but wouldn't tell them exactly what to say.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2012 at 8:00pm
I understand that these people are just actors/actresses, and that "reality" isn't really "reality".
LucasMoore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LucasMoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2013 at 12:57am
There are so numerous reality TV displays now that the systems that have the truth TV displays advocate for actors and actresses to request. On some truth TV displays like Dancing With The Stars you have known actresses and actors but some of the networks like Bravo don't desire it to emerge that they are chartering actors or actresses.

Share Topic