Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ayurvedic Medicine..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ayurvedic Medicine..
    Posted: October 16 2008 at 4:05pm
I've been reading about it and heard a few things about it and was wondering if anyone ever use Ayurvedic medicines/herbs?
butterfly73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 8:37pm
I use Ayurvedic Skin Care products:  Kaya Zeema facial wash, Kaya Facial Moisturizer and Kaya Clove Acne mask.  I love the facial wash and the mask for my face.  I buy them at my local Indian beauty Salon here in GA.

Shining Always...Humbly awaiting your reply

Butterfly73
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 9:43pm
I'll definetly look into those, thanks. You ever try their hair products?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 10:24am
Your welcome.  I have not but I would.  Indian women are all about beauty and I believe most of their products are of a natural and/or herbal base.

Butterfly73
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 12:51pm
I kno and thats why this West Indian woman is looking into them LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 1:34pm
HAHA..I hear you, me tooo!!!!Tongue LOL If you need me to chat with the Ladies from India that do my facials about a product, let me know and I will ask for you. 

Butterfly73
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 12:33pm
Good ta know I'm not the only one LOL. I'm curious about Amla Oil...I've heard good things about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 1:18pm
Good day Princess,  I stopped in to the Indian salon that I frequent to have my facials and eyebrows groomed and talked to my beauty consultant there.  When I mentioned Amla oil, her face lit up like a firecracker! LOL She stated that it is very good natural product for your hair loaded with vitamin C.  It helps your hair to grow and makes it stronger.  Good herbal product.  I went up the the Indian grocery store and purchased it, even the ladies ringing me up stated that it was very good, just a little smell but good.Tongue  I purchased Alma Hair Oil by Parachute for $2.39.  A larger bottle by another brand was around $3.50.  The smaller bottle seems plentiful (150ml). Well, here goes.  Any other products you are curious about let me know.  I am glad you shared, I look forward to adding this to my regimen.

Butterfly73
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 8:01pm
LOL LOL Good ta know I'll definetly pick up some Amla oil the next time I'm in an Indian grocery store and they seem to be very reasonably priced. Let me know how it works for you
Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 10:05am
I've never tried them but I am really interested in moving towards a more natural and wholistic approach with my beauty care so I'm gonna look into it. 
Welcome to My World! Beauty Tips for Black Women
reddtweetyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddtweetyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2008 at 8:25pm

I finally reached my hair length goal. After years of trying various products, I finally decided to create my own. Two of the ingredients are ayurvedic herbs (bhringraj and amla) which I believe is one of the key reasons why my hair finally grew.

And if you happen to know someone in need you could be their blessing...
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 2:01pm
Congrats on reaching your goal redd!

Ever use the powdered amla? If so, would you use water to make it into a paste or something else?
PrettyFace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrettyFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 12:55pm
I use ayurvedics on my hair:

Amla powder & oil
Shikakai powder, oil, & bars
Cassia powder
Henna powder
Brahmi powder & oil
Neem oil
Meera (a combo) shampoo powder and oils

I use the HairVeda product line exclusively as well......some of these powders and extracts are in the creator's formulations.

I am very close to reaching my goal length using these products.  My hair loves them!!

ETA: I mix the powders with water to cleanse hair and scalp with.  I pour them on and press gently (no scrubbing!!), leave on a little while, then rinse and condition.  this is only after prepooing with oils.  Never use the powders to wash without prepooing with oils first.

Edited by PrettyFace - December 12 2008 at 12:59pm
Current: 4A Relaxed(next relaxer-Phyto index 1)
Length: Between APL & BSL
Goal: MBL by December 2009
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2008 at 11:00am

Thankf for tha info Prettyface! I'm definetly interested in trying all of those as well.

adomejorge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adomejorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2012 at 4:56pm
Ayurvedic medicine has become an fast accepted alternative medical occupational therapy in the US over the past two decades.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic