Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your hair 2day?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do to your hair 2day?
    Posted: October 16 2008 at 8:06pm
I'm sooo bored
I tired a lil protein treatment with an egg (my hair agreed with it, will do it again) followed up with a lil moisturizing conditioner..left hair alone to air dry..my hair is now soft and puffy , the one good thing bout puffy is that it makes my hair look like it has more volume/thickness than it really does..
Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 11:31am
Hmmm...I don't think I would try eggs in my hair. I would think it might get caught in my locks and be hard to wash out. I'm getting into trying natural stuff on my hair though like essential oils and stuff.
Welcome to My World! Beauty Tips for Black Women
Stella972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stella972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 11:37am
Well, what I am about to do after work is going to the gym use the sauna and steam room. First I will put some Coconut oil, mix with Pepermint oil, Rosemary and Cedarwood oil, then I will put few drop of these three essential oils in a towel, then wrap it on my head with or without a plastic cap so I can have nice smell around me, will leave it for 30mn while relaxing in the steam room. Then will wash my hair with Shikakai soap bar, then condition with 10en1 conditioner and go the sauna for 10-15mn, then will rinse it up and will put some Lacio Lacio leave in conditioner and seal the all with my coconut essential mix, just a little. Then after that my hair feels good. Leave it air dry or braid it  Big%20smile

Edited by Stella972 - October 17 2008 at 12:08pm
I easily satisfy with the very best
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 9:00pm
^ Sounds like a real treat for your hair

I gave myself a nice scalp massage...I wanna get my hair done though..
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 10:05pm
today is actually "wash day" for me.  It is such a long process because I sit with prepoos and conditioners on my hair for hours.
Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
butterfly73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 12:15am

oiled my scalp with groganics, massaged my scalp and sprayed s-curl on my hair.  My hair has been breaking or shedding lately.  I had a hotwater heater issue a few weeks ago in my home and I did not wash my perm out with warm water and I believe that is why I am experiencing breakage (long strands daily, especially when I was my hair).  Taking any advice you want to give!Tongue

Shining Always...Humbly awaiting your reply

Butterfly73
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 11:57am
You try garlic shampoo or garlic pills? They've been known to help slow down excessive breakage. Does you have receive enough/equal balance of moisture and protein?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 6:55pm
Cleansed my hair and applied some MT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 8:01pm
Princess, no I did not have a balance of moisture and protein in my hair's life, part of the problem right?  I immediately did a protein treatment (K-pak) and I have recently started to research online (here on hairboutique) moisturizers that I can use.  After tomorrow, I plan to do an Avocado Mask on my hair and hot oil treatment several times a week until the long strands stop!  Anywho, I am going to go buy some garlic pills in the meantime and create a balance of moisture and protein.  How often should I do protein treatments?  I hate thoseConfusedSmile

Butterfly73

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 8:04pm
By the way, Thank you!Embarrassed

Butterfly73
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 10:15pm

You're welcome...I also need to get garlic pills because the garlic shampoo I have dries my hair out so much and I wanna see if the pills would work better. Yup..I don't know, I don't do protein treatments regularly (I recently tried an egg in my hair) but that was it, but conditioners like Suave or VO5 have protein in them, along with leave-in conditioners, and some moisturizers.

I've found this article to be very helpful to me.

I just found this passage from another article:

"A great black hair care regimen will include the following: a high quality shampoo, preferably an all natural one, a high quality conditioner, natural hair oils for a healthy scalp, and an all natural daily moisturizing lotion, cream, or serum. For added perks, a hair healthy black hair care routine will also include a monthly hot oil treatment and protein treatments"

Hope it helps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 10:11am
Once again thank you!!!!Clap  You have been most helpful in pointing me in the right directions!!!!!barmy  The articles that you shared are priceless!!!!!
  I feel like I am back on track to continuing my growth and maintaining a healthy beautiful MANE!

GOD Bless!

Butterfly73
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 12:43pm
You're welcome! Glad ta help, keep me updated on your progress!
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 10:13pm

Washed with garlic shampoo and followed up with a protein conditioner, left in n then wrapped it up in a scarf

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 10:20pm
Washed with garlic shampoo followed by a protein conditioner used as a leave-in...wrapped up in a scarf to dry...once dry massaged scalp with jojoba oil and rubbed a lil throughout hair

*hairs big & fluffy right now* LOL
Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 10:10am
I haven't given my hair a good treatment for a few months now. I'm going to do an all out spa day and give my self a hot oil treatment and all the bells and whistles. Sometimes I gotta take a ME day, all you ladies should as well.

Be the pampered Diva's you are!

Welcome to My World! Beauty Tips for Black Women
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 5:15pm
Don't have that kind of money
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 5:16pm
I combed out my hair, wrapped it in a lil bun n wrapped up in a scarf

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2008 at 10:58am
Progressive Update:

Well Princess here goes my update......

I was off from work this week so I was able to give some true TLC to my maneBig%20smile.  Started the week with a Avocado Mask, Hot oil treatment, wash, cholestrol treatment and conditioner.  I wore my hair in a bun this week and kept my hair moisturized with Palmers Coconut Oil Hair Milk, S-Curl Activator, Amla (2 days) and Grogranics (3 days scalp massage).  Last night when I got in from hanging out, I put another hot oil treatment and then prepooed with a mix of conditioners.  I woke up this morning and washed the prepoo out then shampooed with Palmers Coconut oil moisturizing shampoo, conditioned with Nairobi Dandra Solv Therapeutic condition while in the shower.  Washed that out and added Palmers Coconut oil Moisturizing conditioner.  After rinsing the Palmers conditioner out, I put a small amount of Palmers Coconut Hair Milk in my hair and a small amount of Silicon Mix (Dominican product).  Both are leave-ins.

To say the least, I have a good report.  During the wet comb out I have less shedding!!!!!!!ClapThumbs%20Up  Praise GOD!  It has been coming out in chunks.  In the last three weeks, I would take my comb through wet or dry and a mound of hair would just come out.  I am oh so happy about this change in procedure.  Thank you for your suggestions and I plan to continue the garlic pills I realize they are also good for my heart!LOL

This was a lesson for me, just because your hair is growing you need to add TLC to maintain it! I was not doing no more than what I felt it needed.  Now I am a little bit wiserWink with my moisture and protein balance.  That is where a girl was slipping!Embarrassed 

Butterfly73
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2008 at 5:27pm
Clap Congrats Butterfly! Glad ta hear you're making progress and are heading on the right track!

I need to get some garlic pills...I'm jus tryin' to keep whatever lil hair I have on my head LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic