Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Base coat hair coloring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kikihaig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kikihaig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Base coat hair coloring
    Posted: October 22 2008 at 11:45am

I was wondering if you could answer a question for me.  I have been having my hair color weaved for quite a long time.  The color is a very pretty golden blonde.  Although, my own color is a dishwater blonde, however they always complemented each other in between touch ups.  Lately, as I am starting to get older and my own color is looking a little more mousy and some gray coming thru, some people suggested I get my roots colored with a base coat.  I did do that a couple of times a few years ago but for some reason not sure why I didn’t like it.  Can you tell me what a base coat is and what it does because I was told it would not cover gray hair.  I was confused on how it would brighten up your own color but yet not cover the gray.  And also can you advise if this is the best way to go.  I have been hesitant because I really like my hair color but notice by week 3 or 4 it starts to look drab because of my own drab dishwater blonde hair underneath.

If you could give some suggestions and clarification on what a base coat is.

Thank you so much!

Kiki
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic