Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dry Damage Hair Solutions???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hollyblvd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollyblvd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Damage Hair Solutions???
    Posted: October 22 2008 at 2:27pm
Hey everyone, first post.

I have dry and damaged hair. Cry It is very brittle and does not shine like I want it to. Does anyone know of solutions or treatments that actually work?

Please help.
Insurance Marketing Analyst
Commercial Liability Insurance
DocLocksAlyssa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocLocksAlyssa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 2:06pm
Hello, I use the Redken Anti-snap or Cat proteins! They work great! It helps a lot. I was having problems from going to the lake constantly and styling my hair with heat. Also, dying your hair can do it too! But try the Redken ones and see how they work for you! Thumbs%20Up
Alyssa @ Doctored Locks
GET YOUR HEAD FIXED
www.doctoredlocks.com
509-326-7100
hollyblvd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollyblvd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 2:25pm
What do you think of Malibu Wellness products?  One of my friends recommended them to me, any opinions?
Insurance Marketing Analyst
Commercial Liability Insurance
jessssica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessssica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 3:01pm
Drugs that currently try to halt hair loss are Minoxidil and Propecia. Unfortunately, both of these drugs can cause side affects. Different from most of the treatment, Malibu Wellness adopts natural approach. It uses nature's own antioxidants Vitamin C and Vitamin E to normalize exfoliation and stop oxidation; and they use therapeutic cleansers and nutrients to treat the scalp without harsh ingredients.
Jessica J.

Hair Care, Skin Care Consultant

How fast are you oxidizing?
askvivi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote askvivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 12:56pm
well i recommend Pro Naturals Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment with Heat Protector which leaves ur hair soft, shiny, resilient and healthy, it helps strengthen the hair that's prone to breakage, splitting or snapping off, gently smoothes the hair. I hope this helps :)    
MelissaRoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelissaRoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2011 at 6:50am
Hi there. I have a very simple formula for a shiny healthy hair. What is so amazing about this is that I just do it at the comfort of my home.

First, I always "rest" my hair after a heavy day. What I mean by "rest" is that I will wash it and comb it before going to sleep. I do this to wash away the hair styling products that I applied during the day. I never go to sleep without washing my hair.

Second, I have hot oil application every other day. I bought a cheap heating cap and a hot oil hair cream. Every other day, I do this hot oil ritual for 30 minutes. Rinse it, and shampoo my hair.

Lastly, I try to avoid too much exposure to the sun. Just like our skin, our hair is also extra sensitive when it comes to sun exposure.

I hope I was able to help you with this. Smile

DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2011 at 10:48am
I second on the Redken! But is there anything specific that is causing the issues, flat ironing, chemical processes?

flyguy7486 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyguy7486 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 11:58am
I found that the proper shampoo and conditioner is the first step, like tresemme.A good oil treatment with steam once a week at first, then twice a month, and then once a month, works well. If u interested, i can send u a formula for the oil treatment that u can do at home
I am a fun loving guy, and love talking and learning about different things. also love to meet people
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 8:45pm
You should really use this conditioner: http://www.thebeautyplace.com/tigi-rockaholic/330182.html it will soften and do wonders to your hair. I have tried it
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2012 at 10:24pm
First of all you need a good protein treatment. I highly recomend Joico K-pak deep penetrating reconstructor. It is amazing. It has the perfect molecular size to penetrate the hair. And it is also human keratin protein.  Redken deep fuel is also great. Redken Cat is too expensive and also hard to use. You can get the same results, if not better. with the deep fuel (wich is pure protein) and easier to use. You must follow with a deep conditioner (hair will feel like straw after the protein treatment) Try Joico K-pak Revitaluxe. The stuff is amazing, and you'll see results from the first application. And finally do yourselft the biggest favor of your life and get a jar of Virgin Organic coconut oil. Saturate the hair with it, about 30 minutes to an hour before washing. Put a plastic cap over it. Washed out well, and condition. Use a good leave in treatment. I use Salerm 21 B5 leave in. Joico has a great leave in too. Your hair will be beautiful, soft, full, and frizz free. Take it from someone who fried her hair to hell. This stuff works. You won't believe your eyes (or your hair). Don't do the oil treatment the same day you do the protein treatment. Do the protein treatment first, and a few days later do the oil. You'll thank me.

You can get the oil from Puritan.com, or from Tropical Traditions. I've used the Puritan pride one, and it worked great. I'm trying the Tropical traditions one next. I hear it is the best and most natural.

Hope that helps. Good luck and great hair

Edited by Sharyg11 - January 08 2012 at 10:26pm
organic_amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organic_amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2012 at 2:01pm
I would recommend the Revamp Treatment by Organic Color Systems. Revamp is a highly concentrated protein treatment for chemically damaged or weak, fine, limp hair. Formulated to help strengthen the hair and reduce breakage. After using this treatment, I would recommend washing and conditioning your hair with Aqua Boost by Organic Color Systems. Aqua Boost is designed to soften hair by softening the hair’s inner protein. It is ideal for hair that is low in moisture. Aqua Boost Shampoo is rich in natural moisturisers and conditioners, to care for dry hair. Aqua Boost Conditioner is a highly effective conditioner designed for dry hair, leaving it nourished, smooth and protected from UV damage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organic_amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2012 at 2:24pm
Malibu Wellness products are aimed at treating the water used in the various beauty processes, which ensures removal of minerals, chemicals, and toxins found in most tap water worldwide. So if the dryness and damage is caused by hard water, chlorine, or other chemical or minerals, these products would be great to use. Click HERE to read more about them!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organic_amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by hollyblvd hollyblvd wrote:

What do you think of Malibu Wellness products?  One of my friends recommended them to me, any opinions?

Malibu Wellness products are aimed at treating the water used in the various beauty processes, which ensures removal of minerals, chemicals, and toxins found in most tap water worldwide. So if the dryness and damage is caused by hard water, chlorine, or other chemical or minerals, these products would be great to use. Click HERE to read more about them!

Edited by organic_amanda - February 03 2012 at 2:26pm
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 9:17pm

Use a shampoo that will nourish your hair. Get a shampoo that is sulphate, paraben and wax free so it doesn’t strip your hair and deplete the natural oils that help make your hair soft and shiny. I like the Loreal Evercreme because it has no sulphates or salts and it has botanicals and omega 3 and 6. It is very thick and creamy like a conditioner and does not strip my hair.

Try not to wash your hair every day, allow some time for the natural oils to build up.

You can also get a really good deep conditioner, this helped me the most. I love the Nexxus Humectress, the Macadamia deep repair hair masque or the mixed chicks deep conditioner. Doing deep conditioning treatments really helps to make your hair soft and hydrated. Leave the conditioner on your hair for at least ten minutes, longer if your hair is very dry and damaged. You can also try placing a plastic shower cap on your hair with the deep conditioner on and then using the blow dryer to heat the cap allowing the hair to really absorb the benefits of the conditioner. Then rinse your hair with cold water. Do not use hot water to wash your hair.

Try brushing your hair less, and never when wet. When you do brush your hair use a boar bristle brush that helps make your hair soft and spread the natural oils.

To detangle use a wide tooth comb, it helps to have conditioner in your hair.

Drink a lot of water; maintain a healthy diet that is rich in protein, fruits and veggies. You can also take a daily multivitamin, biotin and silica.

Reduce the amount of heat you use on your hair, and when you do use heat make sure the heat styling tools you use are of very good quality and ceramic.

Protect your hair at all times even when you are sleeping; try a satin pillowcase to help prevent further damage.

You can also try oil treatments. Try putting oil on your hair overnight and washing it out in the morning. I find this helps to make my hair soft and shiny. I use coco nut oil but there are numerous oils you can try such as olive oil, argon/Moroccan oil and tea tree oil.

You can also try protein treatments to help strengthen your hair. There are leave in treatments as well as numerous homemade treatments online.

Make sure you keep your hair trimmed; if the ends aren’t healthy it can make your hair look and feel rough.

Try using finishing serums to help give your hair that extra sine after styling, I use the Chi Silk Infusion.

bebeautyashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebeautyashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2015 at 11:49pm
I like to keep it simple when it comes to giving my hair hydration and shine. I don't like buying products with a lot of harsh chemicals mixed in, so I love using ISA Professional's EVAO (Extra Virgin Argan Oil). It has transformed my hair from dry and brittle to shiny and soft! I also use it on my face as a moisturizer and it has helped clear my acne, this stuff is pure gold! Some added perks are that it's USDA organic, fair trade and not tested on animals. Once you use pure argan oil, you'll see what the hype is all about; get it here: http://www.isa-professional.com/
Monee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2015 at 6:48pm
Joico K-Pak is good also you can get a olaplex treatment done by a professional
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic