Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice Needed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bombastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bombastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice Needed!
    Posted: October 28 2008 at 12:30am
Hi,

I am hoping that someone out there may be able to help, I do plan on going to the doctor and making a hair appt soon but having just come back from travelling for 2 months I need to wait for funds to do this so here I am.

My hair started falling out approx. two and a half months ago, and has progressively gotten worse. I have very fine hair naturally anyway so can't afford to keep losing it but don't know what else to do. I have been using Redken Extreme shampoo and conditioner for the past 4 weeks but even that hasn't helped. It's almost as if my hairs don't like being next to each other, if that makes sense? My hair is shiny and looking very healthy around the crown but it comes out in full length as well as snapping off, so my layers are all over the place.

I don't believe it has come about through stress, although in saying that I was did have a reasonably big life change around the time although I didn't feel under pressure about it, what I am wondering is if the color I put through my hair just before I left to go travelling has somehow done this, as that would all work out time wise.

My hair has been professionally colored for years, always with Redken colors until I moved to the UK and then my hairdresser used Loreal colors. When I told her I thought I might do it on the cheap once before I went travelling she told me to stick to the Loreal brand and I should be fine.

Is there anything that I can do before I get to the doctors or hairdressers that will stop this? It is stressing me out no end which is probably the worse thing right now, but as I said I have such fine hair anyway, my hair is starting to look like fluffy baby growth in parts and it is starting to become noticeably thinner to my friends.

Please help :(
Patricia8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:58am
One year ago I suffered from hair loss too and I started trying everything you can imagine to stop my hair loss.
the things that really worked for me was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also I used herbal treatment - I think it is very important!

It worked and still works for me!

It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss!

Good luck!

--------------------------------------

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 13 2009 at 11:53pm
Triboro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triboro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2010 at 12:07am
I can give you a little advice. Take a look at a theory called   truecauseofhairloss.com
This theory makes a lot of sense. Its the only theory of its kind.  Let me know what you think.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic