Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Tips?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cameronzzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameronzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Tips?
    Posted: November 04 2008 at 8:35pm
I am a 16 year old guy with short/medium length and extremely wavy/curly hair. I have to straighten it daily, for it looks terrible if left slightly curly at all. Right now it is at its longest, and i am getting it cut very soon. I want it to lay straight down, and do not want to mess with it in any other way than just straightening it. (ex. permanent straighteners, gels, creams, etc..) when i first started straightening it about 4 months ago, I was able to finish fairly quickly with great results. But recently, it has taken much longer, with much worse results. I don't know if this is dues to my hair being much longer than usual, or if its the irons fault, i don't know.

The current straightener I use is a "TI Titan Miniature Styling Iron", with a 1/2" iron width seen here: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Mini-Flat-Iron/SBS-152803,default,pd.html

Here are some before straightened, still damp, and unbrushed:

(click for larger view)

And here are some before straightened. But completely dry and brushed (gets increasingly curly and frizzed from this point on):

And here are some recent pictures from after it's straightened
(at its longest) :

Sorry for the picture quality (camera phone)

It would be very helpful if anyone here could help me with any of the following problems:

• How to explain how i want it cut (I have no clue how to explain it)
  • How to let it dry (air dry, blow dry, when to brush it)
  • Tips for straightening
  • A new (narrow) straightener
  • I can no longer make it look as good as the last set of pics, so anything you think might help
Thanks in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic