Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rknoedler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknoedler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bob
    Posted: November 05 2008 at 6:14am
So I want a very short bob and think I'm going to go with one of these.   What is the general opinion.  Are these to outdated, something a little more modern maybe.  But I do love the look.  Does anyone have any back views of these types of bobs?  

Edited by rknoedler - November 05 2008 at 6:19am
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 7:23am
not outdated at all, very nice style.
do you have a picture of your hair now?
how long is it now? is it straight?
the back in these 2 cuts looks clippered is this what you desire?
I only wish my wife was as willing as you  :)
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 7:28pm

Great haircuts both.

One of these work for you?

Let us know what you decide.  Thanks
HAWG
rknoedler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknoedler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 10:08pm
Hawg,
LOL you always find the best photos!  I'm a big fan of the second, fourth, and seventh photo.  And to reply to Lovesbob also, My hair is very straight , fine but thick and currently in a chin length stacked bob so this isn't really that big of a jump for me.I've always had my hair short cause I hate hate hate hair.  It creeps me out to see big globs of long hair in a drain or on my brush so the remedy has always been short hair  I know you all helped find photos for me last time and I said I would post a before and after but I chickened out.  This time I will really try to do a before and after.  Thanks again Hawg for all the photos.
Rachel
rknoedler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknoedler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2008 at 11:39pm
I also love this.  Its off of the current vidal sassoon web page.  My hair appointment is a week from today.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 7:29am
that second cut is REALLY nice     so have you picked a picture to bring to the stylist?
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 9:37am
there are some great rear view shots on this site

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2008 at 8:47pm
Rachel, have a great time at your appointment.  Love the picture you posted.  That's pretty daring; the temple area is buzzed to about a quarter of an inch.  Looks pretty cool.  Can't wait to see what you've chosen.  Thanks,
HAWG
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2008 at 11:41am

The Vidal Sassoon looks really up to date and bold!  it would totally rock!  I am a huge fan of the Lovebobs last pick, i have tried to get my wife to go that short....still working on it slowly...

Good luck.
"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2008 at 7:22am
good luck today and i hope they cut the back as short as you want
i think it will be fun     keep us updated
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2008 at 7:15am
well, did you get it cut?
rknoedler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknoedler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 6:34pm
Lovesbob how did you know to hope she would cut the back as short as I wanted?!  LOL I didn't even think I had to worry about it because the pictures were so clear but she did not in fact cut the back short.  Not at all.  She refused to use clippers on me.  I don't no why.  She said something about no clippers with fine hair.  And the cut is layered and shaggy it looks kind of like katie Holmes new cut.  Needless to say I am sad and mortified.  It will take me six months to grow all these layers out.  My husband was dissapointed too cause he really likes really short hair and bobs on women so when I came home with this disaster he was very suprised (not in a good way).  I will post photos of before and after I just need to learn how to size them.  Photos coming soon I promise.
Thank you to all who were encouraging and supportive of the hair cut!  Hope fully I can post an amazing bob soon.  Tell Kimberly that with her weight loss and amazing hair she is my hero and idol=)  
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 10:02pm
So sorry it didn't work out for you; I'm thinking it's time to find another haircutter; one that will do what you ask.  Clippers will work on any hair.
HAWG
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2008 at 11:01pm
She probably doesn't know how to use them and just made that up.

This kind of thing is no different than when you ask for a 1/2 inch trim and they wack 3 off.

You asked for something and did not get it. And instead got something you didn't want. Next time no one cuts a hair off unless they are going to do it the way you want.

If you wanted to you could go back and complain to someone. A decent salon will offer money back or a fix by someone else.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic