Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Tights Replace Leggings?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Tights Replace Leggings?
    Posted: November 15 2008 at 9:55pm
Photos recently appeared in the media of Jessica Simpson wearing sleek and sexy black tights.  According to the fashion press Leggings have lost their popularity and are being replaced with the sheer black tights instead.

Many fashionistas are declaring that leggings, especially when worn with dresses or pants as definitely over.  Black tights are considered to be more sophisticated and feminine than leggings.  Tights in the black or dark colors are more popular than the sheer hues.

Do you agree that leggings are over?  Do you also think that black tights are a great new alternative?  If you wear the black tights, where do you find them for purchase?
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 8:30pm
I've always loved black tights..and I still rock my leggings...but then as long as I like something I'mma wear it regardless if its considered instyle or not

Edited by _Princess_ - November 27 2008 at 8:31pm
nancyallen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancyallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 7:16am
I hate leggings, the only time I wear them is when I have to for dance. I love tights though, they make me be able to wear dresses and skirts in winter without freezing to death.

Edited by nancyallen - December 29 2008 at 7:17am
christyh1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christyh1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 2:42pm
It depends on an outfit.  I don't like celebs telling me what to wear but sometimes its to cold to wear tights and i will wear my leggings instead 
[IMG]smileys/girlpower.gif" align="middle" />
christyh1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christyh1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 1:38pm
I like both... sometimes I think its a bit much with a dress (leggings) but i love both styles when worn correctly .. you will have to pry my leggings out of my hands because I could care less if they are or not in style they are so comfy with a long top.
[IMG]smileys/girlpower.gif" align="middle" />
charlott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 12:17am
Black leggings for girls especially will look nice over brightly coloured painter frocks with a floral design to them for carefree, easy to trends.
Audrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 3:23am
Many would say that tights can replace leggings. All i can say is leggings have specializes other than thing, it  can be used for office wear. Check this link! https://www.windowshopcafe.com/
Hope this helps!
Window Shop Cafe - www.windowshopcafe.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic