Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

John Cleese Has Hair Transplant Surgery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Cleese Has Hair Transplant Surgery
    Posted: November 15 2008 at 10:32pm

British comic legend JOHN CLEESE has braved the surgeon's knife to combat his baldness - because he hates wearing wigs.

A Fish Called Wanda star Cleese - who announced his divorced from his third wife in January (08) - underwent a $15,000 (GBP10,000) procedure to transplant hair from the back of his head to thinning areas.

Cleese joins the growing list of stars who have used the method, including singer Sir Elton John and Australian cricketer Shane Warne.

The funnyman tells U.K. chatshow hosts Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, "As we are talking operations, since I last saw you last I've had a hair transplant."

When asked why he chose to have surgery, he replied: "I have got a very strange shaped skull, very pointy - and I don't like wearing wigs."

Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 11:05pm
Wow, even if I had that kind of money I don't think I could ever undergo such a thing
Patricia8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:59am
A year ago I suffered from hair loss too and I started trying everything you can imagine to stop my hair loss.
the things that really worked for me was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also I used herbal treatment - I think it is very important!

It enhances hair growth by blocking DHT (Dihydrotestostrone) - a major cause of hair loss!

Good luck!

--------------------------------------

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 13 2009 at 11:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic