Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my
    Posted: April 13 2003 at 7:07pm
Thanks Beachgerl :)

I was so happy to log in tonight and see your avatar for the first time! Your blonde hair is so pretty and healthy- looking. It looks beautiful on you!

Elissa
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2003 at 3:40am
Wow, Elissa! You look so lovely with long hair and goes well with your green eyes. You remind me a bit of Courtney Cox, the actress on "Friends." :) Congrats on losing all of those pounds and I bet it made a huge difference in your life. Your hair is still technically long although not long to your waist as in the original picture.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 4:08pm
hi pic almost here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 12:12am
[QUOTE=politicalgirl87] Elissa, YES! My hair felt so much lighter and healthy after my trims!

Princess Monica, I had my hair trimmed (two or three different times - it was 6" all at once - although everytime I had it re-trimmed, it had almost grown back out to the original length) because it is SO long, and SO thick that it was getting really difficult to put up and out of my way. At 16, there are times where my hair needs to be up, and it was just getting to be a lot to deal with. I still love my long hair, and probably won't ever get a drastic cut, but little trims every once in a while to keep the ends healthy. Also, my hair grows incredibly fast, so it's not a huge deal when I get 2-3" taken off. :)
[QUOTE]
well no matter how long your hair is you have pretty hair
politicalgirl87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicalgirl87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 8:28pm
Elissa, YES! My hair felt so much lighter and healthy after my trims!

Princess Monica, I had my hair trimmed (two or three different times - it was 6" all at once - although everytime I had it re-trimmed, it had almost grown back out to the original length) because it is SO long, and SO thick that it was getting really difficult to put up and out of my way. At 16, there are times where my hair needs to be up, and it was just getting to be a lot to deal with. I still love my long hair, and probably won't ever get a drastic cut, but little trims every once in a while to keep the ends healthy. Also, my hair grows incredibly fast, so it's not a huge deal when I get 2-3" taken off. :)
Melba. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melba. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 6:38pm
Say 1234 or whatever your name is.

IT IS THEIR WEBSITE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY DO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE HERE! THERE IS PLENTY OF OTHER WEBSITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE A MILLION OF THEM!!!!!!!
AND OF COURSE THEY ARE ONLY GOING TO SHOW GOOD REVIEWS!!! DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO HAVE THEIR OWN PRODUCTS PUT DOWN!!! WHAT THE @#$%!!!!! YOU THINK THEY ARE STUPID OR SOMETHIN!!!!!
Melba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 6:37pm
Say 1234 or whatever your name is.

IT IS THEIR WEBSITE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY DO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE HERE! THERE IS PLENTY OF OTHER WEBSITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE A MILLION OF THEM!!!!!!!
AND OF COURSE THEY ARE ONLY GOING TO SHOW GOOD REVIEWS!!! DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO HAVE THEIR OWN PRODUCTS PUT DOWN!!! WHAT THE @#$%!!!!! YOU THINK THEY ARE STUPID OR SOMETHIN!!!!!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 2:44pm
Political girl, I missed before that you said the up-do was for a Christmas formal, sorry about that. I like that outfit!
[/url]

1234 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 1:13pm
Thanks Elissa the reply.
How would you feel if you have reviewed four products and the only one with the 5 stars gets to be on their site but not the other ones? Magically every review on their site had at least 4 stars! What happened to my other reviews where the products did not work for me and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone?
Let me add something else, one of my friends reviewed a product too and hers was never shown because it had 2 stars!
Is that a coincident?
And to make it even worse, they deleted my message, which I posted in all the forms, and they locked my account! THEY LOCKED MY ACCOUNT!
Unfortunately there is no positive to be seen in this situation.
Just want to show you that I am not jumping to any conclusions.
They've deleted the message!
Really appreciate your reply.
Gaga.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2003 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by politicalgirl87 politicalgirl87 wrote:

here's my hair down - I've had about 6" taken off in the last 5 mnths...

http://members.truepath.com/byhisgrace87/hairdown.jpg

politicalgirl87 your hair is beautiful! if i may ask why did you cut your hair?
Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2003 at 7:09pm
Thanks for the compliments, Elissa. My bangs are slightly past my eyes. I'm growing them out for the first time, but it's not really a pain. I push them back with mousse, which works well. I also use small clips sometimes to make it look like they're tucked behind my ears. They seem to be growing quickly, thank goodness. I'm sure it won't be long before I'm here begging people for tips on how to style them once they're longer.

I love this message board. There's so much good information. Another board I love and post on often is www.longhairlovers.com

Check it out!
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2003 at 5:50pm
Turquoise_girl, thank you! Yes, losing the excess weight gave me a whole new lease on life, I feel great and love the way I look, not to mention all of my new clothes. I'm happier than I've been in years.

Too bad we can't see your pic! Maybe you can find a friend with a scanner or digital cam. Even copy shops will scan a pic for you these days fairly cheaply.

Political girl, you're very pretty and have a great smile. You look like you were having fun being primped for your fancy occasion! Was that for a prom?

Your long hair was gorgeous but it looks very cute shorter, too. I know how freeing it feels to lighten things up a bit with trims. Last May, I cut 9 inches off the hair I'd been growing for two years and it felt fantastic! And I still walked out of the salon with "long" hair. Did you experience that wonderful light feeling when you trimmed?

Melba, what Lyris said. There are lots of free web hosts on the net and they are easy to use (Geocities and yahoo are just a few) and most internet providers include this service for free with your account. I am looking forward to seeing your pics at some point.

Princess monica, thanks for your sweet sentiments. I lost the weight by sticking to healthy, sensible eating and exercise plans since last July. I ate a lowfat, balanced diet of small portions. Most of all, I learned to forgive myself when I did it less than perfectly, and moved ahead. That part was key. I didn't follow Weight Watchers this time, but I have in the past and it's a great program. Your mom might want to look into it. They really teach you about portions and balanced nutrition. Good luck to her. I look forward to seeing your photos when the scanner is up.

I have an aol account, I checked monica2k but did not find any pics.

Sophie, thank you. I don't need to see your pic to know that you are lovely (though I'd like to). When I read your posts I think of the drawing and that's how I "see" you!

Tap Dancer, lovely smile and pretty, shiny hair! Thanks for sharing it. How are you staying patient while growing out your bangs? Are you using accessories?

I am so happy that this thread is taking off!!!
More pics, please???
[/url]

Tap Dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tap Dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2003 at 4:57pm
I agree with the others, Elissa. Very pretty hair and a lovely face to match. Here's my picture (but I'm growing my bangs out now).

http://www.longhairlovers.com/at/tapdancer/gallery/837.png

LOL
[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/yerdumm/tapdancer2.gif" />

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicalgirl87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2003 at 4:27pm
here's my hair down - I've had about 6" taken off in the last 5 mnths...

http://members.truepath.com/byhisgrace87/hairdown.jpg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2003 at 1:32pm
does anyone have aol? i use to have aol with my pic. i have cox now. can someone check the profile on aol monica2k?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2003 at 11:34am
[QUOTE=Elissa] Thank you ladies. You guys are so nice. This might be the nicest board I've ever been on. It's the only board I've ever been on that lacks the usual nasty flame wars, and truly stays on-topic. I've learned so much here in the short time I've been visiting.
[QUOTE] i agree with you elissa. this bord is the nicest boards. i'v been on different topic boards and they were rude and mean.
i also agree with everyone else. elissa you are pretty and congaulations on losing the weight. how did you do it? my mom has been looking for away to lose weight.
i'll try to hook up my scanner to get some pics of me.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2003 at 8:44am
Hey Melba,

All you need to post pictures is some storage space on a web server somewhere. Type in "free web hosting" into Google and you'll get a lot of results. Then, once you sign up for a free site (a place online to put your photos) you upload your photos to the server (the sites provide instructions.) Finally in your hairtalk message you create a link to that exact photo file online with the whole http://.... etc., address, which makes the photo appear in your message. I hope that helps somewhat!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicalgirl87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2003 at 12:25am
http://members.truepath.com/byhisgrace87/Em.JPG
there's a face to go with the head of hair. ;) that was me getting an up-do for a christmas formal.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 8:06pm
Politicalgirl...Nice hair, shiny thick...But I would love to see a face with all that hair.

And Ellissa: Ditto on everything the others said...What a great head of hair...on a great face. I like the layers too.
Melba View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 7:21pm
You look nice Elissa! How do you put pictures on a website??? Do you need some special equipment or somethin?????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic