Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mimi's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MimiKeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiKeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mimi's Hair Journal
    Posted: November 27 2008 at 1:38pm
So it's time to make my own hair journal. I'm really excited! But first, a little about my hair's history..

History -
I had long hair for most of my childhood, almost waist-length.
Then when I was around 9, my nan insisted for me to have a bobcut. I LOATHED IT.
Then it grew back.

Then foolishly, at around 14 years old, I decided to have it cut short in a very boyish cut. Again, it started to grow back.. I tried different dyes, bright pink, red streaks, even trying to go blonde which was very stupid because it turned a sickly orange colour.
I feel like I was a kid back then, it was the right time to make mistakes.
These were tragically unfashionable years for me!

And here I am.. The last haircut I had was to have a side-fringe (which I love), and layers (which I kind of regret).. I regret the layers because my hair, if measured from my hairline at the front of my scalp, measures 23in, yet my shortest layers just reach the bottom of my ears.

I just want to have my hair-lengths matched better, more uniform.
So basically that's my history!

MimiKeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiKeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 2:09pm
Right, let's get to the point! These are my hair goals, in a nutshell -

Current length - 23in. Almost touching my bra-strap.
Mini-goal - To have my shortest layers touch my shoulders.
Dream goal - 30in waist-length hair, high in shine and volume.

Current Routine -
I am currently using Dabur Amla hair oil at least 3 times a week. I only started using it last week. I put it on my hair, massage my scalp, and leave it in overnight. I just love the smell!

I shampoo the next morning with simple Head & Shoulders, however, I am about to switch to Dabur Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning Hair Shampoo, which is recommended on the Amla box.
I just need to buy some first.

I have heard great things about this Amla oil. Many of the ladies in my family swear by it. I'm also swayed by the beautiful Indian ads. I'm such a consumer. Heh!

Oh, I almost forgot. I have ordered one months' supply of Hairtopia to try. Fingers crossed it will work, or at least give my hair a healthy sheen. I'll be happy if my hair grows 1/2 an inch a month. I will measure at the end of every month.!!
Right, this isn't a very good pic, and my hair was quite messy by the end of today, but as you can see, my hair is not all the same length. I don't like the messy layers.. I want a more simple, and sleek look. Grow Grow Grow!!

Trying to grow out layers for a more matched, and uniformed style :D
MimiKeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiKeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 9:19am

Yesterday, I bought another bottle of Amla oil, and 2 bottles of Vatika henna cream conditioning shampoo Smile  I thought I ought to stock up so I won't run out any time soon.  I just oiled my hair for today, actually.  Tomorrow morning, I will use the shampoo for the first time.

Yesterday I got compliments from 3 seperate ladies for my hair!  I must admit, I was very happy with it.  I had worn my long brown clip-in hair extensions, and straightened it. (I know it's bad, but I can't help straightening it from time to time, it looks so much lovelier..)
I'm so enthusiastic for my hair to grow.  I hope my Hairtopia won't take too long to arrive in the post!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 5:57am
Going by the pics your hair looks great. Once you reach your mini goal it is going to be even better. Good luck.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
MimiKeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiKeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 7:14am
Thanks for the support, Mike Smile  My hair looks rather messy there, really, what with the damn layers.
I never go out like that, without my extensions in haha.

Right, today I tried my Vatika henna cream conditioning shampoo for the first time.  I used it to wash the Amla oil from my hair, and it smelt gorgeous and herbaly, and my hair generally feels good.
I've decided, from today, not to straighten my hair..  For a long time.  Also, when I do use the blow-drier, I will use the coolest setting to half-dry it, then air-dry it the rest.

I just bought 'Vitamins for Hair' from Holland and Barrett.  It contains all the vitamins needed for optimum hairgrowth and condition, including beta carotene, biotin, zinc, copper, and quite a few others.

Tonight, I am going to dye my hair with L'Oreal Paris Feria colour 3d in 'blackest black'.  I'm mainly doing this so that I will notice the new growth when it comes through.  The dye will act as a marker, so to speak.

ALSO ALSO, I was just in my local hair/extension/braiding shop, and I'm so tempted to buy some new long long black extensions..  I don't know if 24" will be too long, but that's the maximum length they have.  I may request them for Christmas.
Man, I'm such a consumer...  Hell, I'm obsessed with my dream of having long hair.
MimiKeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiKeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 5:56pm
So I've been taking my 'Vitamins For Hair' religiously since the very start of December.. I swear, I almost left them in work tonight. I HAD to go right back to get them. I don't wanna skip ANY.

I've been eating a diet full of hair-loving stuff including salmon, tuna, nuts, yogurt, milk, avocado.. I'm really doing all I can.
Well, actually there are two things that I should really do more of - Exercise, and drinking water. There's a goal for me.

I tried a hair mask tonight - 1/2 mashed avocado, 1 egg, 2 tbsp olive oil.   left it in for 30mins + plastic showercap and hot towel. Rinsed with Vatika. Now I'm just air-drying it.

Also, I'm going to take proper hair pics soon. Just to document how I tend to wear my hair day to day. Might blur my face out for anonymity haha.
MimiKeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiKeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2008 at 8:41am
Just for the record, this is how I've been wearing my hair day-to-day lately.

I blanked my face out just 'cause I felt more comfortable doing that. Heh! This is my real length at the moment, but I do wear extensions at the moment, just for more volume until my layers grow out. I don't use heat on my natural hair anymore. Only on the extensions, which I've been curling lately.
MimiKeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiKeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 12:53pm
MAYONNAISE CONDITIONING TREATMENT -
Right, so I tried the strange mayonnaise thing. I put a load on my hair, worked it in until it was very oily, and put a plastic showercap on. I must have left it for an hour. I rinsed, shampooed, air-dried it. Though my hair was incredibly soft, I could see it would go greasy soon..
The next day, it was very greasy. I shampooed it again, and it's come out so well conditioned and has a healthy sheen.

I figure next time I'll shampoo twice to make sure it gets out.
Also, yesterday I started my course of Hairtopia. I can't help but to expect great things.
My diet's going good. Yogurt for breakfast, salad with boiled eggs & olive oil for lunch, tuna for dinner, a little more yogurt with honey for dessert, and plenty of milk in my mug of tea. I'm going to stick to this type of diet. I've only just discovered how wonderful olive oil tastes on a salad.
MimiKeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiKeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 3:35pm
I'm really shocked right now. Today I decided to examine my hair to see if I could see any change in the colour at the roots, indicating growth.. However, I made a more shocking discovery - There were NEW hairs. Everywhere. Like, brand new hair. I can't believe it.
They are soft, and 3/4in in length.
I am THRILLED. It shows me that the Hairtopia is doing it's job. This is a clear indicator that my hair has grown 3/4in since I started taking it. Mind you, I was also using other hair vitamins before I started the course. My hairline has also "filled" out.
I'm definitely continuing with these
MimiKeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiKeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2008 at 4:29pm
My new Mason Pearson rake comb, and boar bristle brush came today!
I am very impressed with the workmanship :D I am particularly impressed with the BBB. After I washed and dried my hair, I tried it out.
My scalp feels tingly and massaged, and my hair feels sleek, soft, and conditioned. I'm going to try keeping it nice, and see how it helps my hair condition.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 7:55pm
Glad you are happy with the new hair that is coming in. Good luck and thank you for the update.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 6:39pm
I've been wanting to buy a BBB. Glad your having good results. Looking forward to see your progress!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic