Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wavy Hair question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wavy Hair question
    Posted: April 12 2003 at 3:00pm
Those tips above are very effective - I've tried them before for achieving nice thick waves.

If you can do thermal application, I also recommend triple barrel curling iron which also gave me gorgeous waves in less than 20 minutes. People have raved and complimented on my hair and they thought I had a body wave and I told them, nope, just triple barrel curling iron. They were skeptical and then they found out about it. They were surprised. This is great for me because I can go straight and then wavy hair the next day, and go back to straight hair again. Of course, I'd not recommend using it too frequently (heat damage, like blow drying, so the other tips above are better for long term). :)
wittils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2003 at 11:21pm
If you know how to french braid your hair, using the above technique only with french braids works really well because the braid begins at the top of the head and not half way down as with regular braids.

One in back will give you looser waves. And one on each side will give you more of a perm look.

Have fun! But use a lighter gel, not something that will dry real hard. I use Back to Basics green tea, shea butter, and aloe gel OR Nature's Therapy Unfrizz (believe it or not). The unfrizz holds the hair smoothly in place even when I "wave" it. It's great stuff.
Precious is the day... it happens only once in a lifetime.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2003 at 8:30pm
I would try to shampoo your hair at night. While it is wet apply gel, then braid it into 4 big braids. Sleep on it, when you get up take it down and voila wavey hair.

Good Luck!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2003 at 4:44pm
Hi, I have naturally straight hair and i was wondering how i could get a wavy style, without going for a permanent wave. The type of wave im looking for is what Julia Stiles had in "10 things i hate about you". If you anymore questions, then email me at xspecialgurlx@yahoo.com. Ok thanks for any help!

**I put two links of pics of her in that movie if anyone needs it.

http://64.106.163.111/albums/album46/tenthings012.jpg

http://64.106.163.111/albums/album46/tenthings010.sized.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic