Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Katie Couric

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 11:54pm
Ouch bad cut. I hope she lets it grow back out. Too bad we will never see it ever pass her shoulders. Ann did. Even if it was for one time.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 10:03am
An update. Have there been any positive reviews of this new look?

Who has more fun than people?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 10:39am
I read somewhere that she really likes it.  Well, if true, that makes one of us.

I'm sure it looked cute enough when she got it cut, or when she is at home on the weekends, but it just doesn't cut it on TV.  The other TV personality that haircut reminds me of is Jimmy Johnson, former coach of the Dallas Cowboys.
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2009 at 9:06am
She looks kind of like Suze Orman with that cut.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 12:16am
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 12:54am
Not good.
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 8:02am
I guess it is just me but I like it.  Gives her a more professional look.  I saw her last night and it seemed to be blonder and tucked behind the ear.  I thought it looked great.
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 8:21am
I like it on her to.
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by bnbivi00 bnbivi00 wrote:

I guess it is just me but I like it.  Gives her a more professional look.  I saw her last night and it seemed to be blonder and tucked behind the ear.  I thought it looked great.
bnbiv00: Are you male or female?
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 9:11pm
Not sure why it matters but I am a male.  I have been a beautician for 14 years now.  Does it make her look sexy?  No.  But, it gives her more of a business like look.  That is all I was saying....
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 11:48pm
I guess the point I was trying to make is "Guys can't stand it; gals think it's cute." But in the end there's no point at all.

Don't you think the side in the gogomags photos I posted looks like it's almost pasted in place? She must use a ton of hairspray -- maybe even more now that her hair is short.

She may look more businesslike to you, but I can't see her new look garnering higher ratings. Like I said, she's lost me.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2009 at 5:00pm
Still not feeling it oh well. Lets see if the rates go up or down. Then the cut works or not.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2009 at 9:34am
Yeah, I don't get this at all.  Did she go to the salon and say "Give me the Dennis Leary?"  First, I'm not sure I understand why she got the bug to go short again (though I get the need for a change) and second, having gone short before and having it look good, why is she SO far off on this?
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2009 at 7:31pm
Nice to see you coming up from the basement Jerky!

Why is she so far off the mark?  Well, hasn't it been over 15 years since her signature short cut?  Also, she is trying to make an informal cut look formal for the 6PM news.  Kind of like getting your bagel toasted and untoasted at the same time!

Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Yeah, I don't get this at all.  Did she go to the salon and say "Give me the Dennis Leary?"  First, I'm not sure I understand why she got the bug to go short again (though I get the need for a change) and second, having gone short before and having it look good, why is she SO far off on this?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2009 at 9:46am
I just remembered: You can vote on Katie's haircut in a poll: http://www.reportercaps.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=anchorpolls&action=display&thread=19662
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2009 at 5:18pm
HAWG
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2009 at 2:08am
Not to continue to beat a dead horse, she looked best with her hair longer than chin length, but shorter than shoulder length, IMO
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2009 at 7:21am
Just when I thought this odd style couldn't get worse, I watched Katie on last night's evening news. The only 'do I can think of now that matches hers is Suzy Orman. And that might be an insult to Suzy.

I have no idea what brought her down this road, or why she continues to travel it. I only know that she looked younger, hotter and generally more appealing before she started traveling it.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2009 at 6:17pm
You couldn't be more correct Curlyfan.  Katie looked so much better with her one length bob. She should have her head exmained for this move.
keepitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 5:43pm
I saw Katie on the evening news last night and she has a very short pixie cut.  It is cut over hers and the back is tapered short.  I can't capture pictures.  If someone can please post a new picture.
Keepitshort
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic