Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dry Skin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Skin
    Posted: December 03 2008 at 11:48am
What are the best products/methods for dealing with dry skin?
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 6:43pm
When I have dry skin I use a thick moisturizer like Nivea, which is a really good line. Another quick natural remedy is a tiny bit of olive oil mixed with your regular moisturizer. It works wonders for me. I use it every other day, because I noticed the olive oil can easily clog your pores and cause breakouts if you use it too often. Hope this helps.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 9:16pm
Thanks, I'll check out Nivea and adding some olive oil to my moisturizers
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 8:20pm
I agree with the olive oil - I never tried it until a few weeks ago. Palmer's makes a pretty good product with olive oil called Palmer's Olive Butter. (you can read my review at that link)

Also, here is an article on moisturizing your skin for winter time.

Good luck! I know winter sucks for skin care for me personally.

~
Life Love Beauty
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 10:34pm
Thanks! I'll definitely check out olive oil. My skin gets so dry, much more than normal during tha winter
PetiteFleur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetiteFleur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2009 at 11:11pm
What about for dry patches?

I would gess it's ok to spot treat with the oil...

The top of my nose and forehead above the bridge of my nose are always dry. I've tried heavy moisturizer but never oil. Are tose ok places to spot treat?
katrina_kk41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katrina_kk41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 5:32am
 Hi!
 The best home product for dry skin is none other than raw milk cream.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2009 at 9:20am
I've never heard of raw milk cream.
tiatessman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiatessman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 8:02am
You can use Nivea moisturizer.. Dry skin has a low level of sebum and can be prone to sensitivity.. If your face skin is dry, try not to wash it with tap water.. Moisturizer is much more effective on properly exfoliated skin.. Soaps can be drying.. Use creamy moisturizing cleanser that contains glycerin or petrolatum..

Glass Of Venice
emmawatson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmawatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 12:19am

Dry skin has a low level of sebum and can be prone to sensitivity. The skin has a parched look caused by its inability to retain moisture. It usually feels "tight" and uncomfortable after washing unless some type of moisturizer or skin cream is applied. Chapping and cracking are signs of extremely dry, dehydrated skin. 
Dryness is exacerbated by wind, extremes of temperature and air-conditioning, all of which cause the skin to flake, chap and feel tight. This type of skin is tightly drawn over bones. It looks dull, especially on the cheeks and around the eyes. There may be tiny expression lines on these spots and at the comers of the mouth.

Edited by emmawatson - June 12 2010 at 7:21am
Emma Watson
lexishine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexishine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2010 at 12:04pm
I have very dry skin due to my low thyroid and indoor tanning. I use Roman Hemperor by Hoss Sauce. That moisturizer is the best stuff I have ever used. I used to use Supre Hempz but Roman Hemperor is much better. I will never go back to Supre Hempz. Hoss Sauce has a customer for life.Tongue
Inika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2010 at 10:55pm
Products are sometimes ok... however it's common knowledge that the chemicals in any skin product aren't necessary. Chemicals are placed in products as preservatives, for coloring, or to maintain a texture in the lotion.

There are tons Organic products and natural products that can provide skin texture that the "formulated" chemical products cannot.
a simple solution is Aloe Juice (not the gel). With Aloe Juice.. you can drink it and add to your skin to get benefits from the inside and outside.

Applying Aloe after exfoliation will also help protect the skin since it also acts as an anti microbial.
Wish You The Best In Natural Hair,
lexishine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexishine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2010 at 4:03pm
I get really dry skin on my knees and elbows. I use Exotic body butter. I have been using that for about 3 years now. It works wonders.
aniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2010 at 11:22am
You are not alone if you have dry skin. Dry skin is a very common problem. The symptoms of dry skin are flakiness, itch, redness, and ashiness. There are simple steps you can take to cure, prevent and relieve dry rough skin and enjoy smooth, soft, touchable, glowing healthy skin.

free software

download software

free download

Edited by aniel - December 10 2010 at 5:55am
shelly12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelly12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 6:25am

Dehydration is the loss of water in the body, sometimes severe enough to cause shock since the human body is composed of seventy five percent water. To address this problem you first need to know its main cause. Several factors like the environment, weather, health situation, or lifestyle is making the skin dry. Some of them are easily remedied and others will take more time and effort.

Nowadays, you see millions of Americans that have dry skin. There are also numerous products being invented to address this situation concerning the skin. Genetically speaking, there is no such thing as dry skin. You may either have dehydrated skin or an oil skin type which is also hydrated or dehydrated.

Mostly everyone is afflicted by dehydrated skin. When you feel your skin and it is dry and tight, and your skin tone is ashen and dull, you most probably are dehydrated.

Unfortunately, the moisturizers and treatments claiming to alleviate dry skin do nothing to cure it. To be able to correct dehydrated skin, a drastic change in lifestyle and environment is required.

What does a dehydrated skin feel like? It is usually dry to the touch, itchy, with flaky patches and rough spots, and blotchy patches when you look in the mirror. Your skin tone is dull and pale. The skin loses its elasticity wherein when you apply a bit of pressure on the skin, it does not revert back to its original state.

When you leave your skin dehydrated for a long period of time, keratinization occurs. Take for example the feet. The skin on the bottom of your feet is subjected to much heat, friction and dirt. The dead skin cells that build up on the surface of your skin forms a coat covering it, making it nearly impossible for moisturizer to reach your skin. Your skin will further get dehydrated. Then keratinization occurs with breakouts since your skin is badly in need of water.

Fortunately, dehydration is easily treated and is very temporary. The skin just needs to rehydrate and vitamins given to be able to have healthy skin.

Edited by shelly12345 - September 29 2010 at 6:28am
xyza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xyza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2010 at 7:57am
Dry skin is usually sensitive and, since winter tends to worsen the condition,a good moisturiser for dry skin is a mixture of honey, lemon and vegetable oil,apply this mask for 10 minutes,try not to wash it with tap water since it often contains chlorine, fluoride, and other undesirable chemicals. Instead, use cold mineral water or ice made with it, or, better, clean your face with an alcohol-free cleaning lotion, toner, or cosmetic milk, made of natural ingredients,dry skin without causing irritation, while respecting its balance of moisture.
madisonaarris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonaarris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 1:58am
Try using silk sheets and silk pillowcases fits easily into your skin. You wake up with skin soft and smooth, even in winter. In addition, silk containing copper minerals. Copper is really necessary to create copper peptides. These can improve the production of collagen and elastin in the dermis.
thomas520 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomas520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 2:29am
You can try skin care products containing vitamin e !
my name is thomas sabo .
Aloradavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aloradavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 5:12am
Well, start drinking green tea. It has been widely accepted for its antioxidant properties, may be useful in the fight against skin damage and repair cells damaged skin. It is also ideal for cleaning skin blemishes and acne. As an antioxidant, green tea toxins harmful inhalation effort of the body and reduces the negative effects of free radicals in the body.
mtptl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtptl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2010 at 9:03pm

I have dry skin and am looking for a good face primer, i don't like the smashbox photofinish very much or the rimmel fix and perfect. I just got the korres one but haven't tried it yet! Thank you for any suggestions you give :)

============
Limo Hire|Limousine Hire
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic