Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dry Skin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
carolynm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolynm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 7:16am

When washing your face, do not use regular soap. Use a gentle, moisturizing soap or face wash that will not strip the natural oils from your skin.You can still use oil-free makeup, but stay away from those described as oil-absorbing or shine control. It is also important to moisturize your skin first before putting on any foundation.

Milverton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milverton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 5:11am
Thank you very much guys for such skin care relevant information and suggested links I have visited and find so many tips to take care dry skin, it's really helpful for me.

roxferdmeccos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxferdmeccos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 2:00pm
A moisturizer has several important functions. You should drink lots of water and increase the body's natural moisture to stay hydrated throughout the day. Creams and other skin care products, which are based on natural ingredients are really best.

AlexisJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexisJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 10:25pm
The best "thing" to use for dry skin is aloe. It has a bunch of natural materials that benefits the youth of skin without any unnecessary chemicals.
Marysiya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marysiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 5:14am
Hello. I dry my skin with this scrub and Grapeseed Face & Body Wash
x-fireball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-fireball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 9:47am
Since I discovered that I have Keratosis Pilaris I started using some creams and lotions with urea. They moisture the skin like no other cream
jerryshudson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryshudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 4:34pm
Start drinking green tea. It is widely accepted that its antioxidant properties, may be useful in preventing skin damage and repair skin cells damaged the struggle. It is also ideal for cleaning the skin blemishes and acne. As an antioxidant, green tea harmful toxins inhaled efforts, and reduce the negative effects of free radicals in the body.
fairleyferandis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairleyferandis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 12:08am
People has its own skin type some has the dry skin and some has the oily one.IF you have the dry skin then eat the oil containing diet the most.Go for the Milk and fish foods.You can also go for the oil massage and fruit extract massage.Drink plenty of water and use some herbal creams for your skin.
kettwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kettwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 7:27am
Honey and Glycerine are best natural product for deal with dry skin. Make a mixture of honey and oatmeal, and apply is for 15-20minutes. Rinse with waqrm water, you feel great soft and glowing skin. 
Melinda1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melinda1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 7:07am
Shea butter is also fine, as long as they were collected, of course, and cold pressed. It contains many vitamins and essential fatty acids to moisturize the skin deeply without greasy. It is  also a large part of the healing that makes it useful for acne and skin conditions, as well as the dry skin problem. 
rockiealba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockiealba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 3:59am
Following are tips to prevent dry skin:
1. Wash your face with water many times.
2. Use standard soap to wash face.
3. Do not use more oil on hair.
kubichang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kubichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 12:55am
Exfoliate on a Weekly or Semi-Weekly Basis
  Moisturizer is much more effective on properly exfoliated skin. Use a salt or sugar scrub in the shower and exfoliate your face with a mild scrub made for the face.  

Invest in a HumidifierDandruff Treatment 

Skip the Drying Soaps
eeonmagna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeonmagna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 4:28am
 Oil based moisturizer
  This will help protect your skin from moisture loss. Choose one that comes in an ointment form as it will contain 80% oil.

Sunscreen 
   Don’t say goodbye to your sunscreen just because summer is over. Before you leave your house, apply a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15 SSSor more.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2011 at 7:59pm
Drink plenty of water. Stay hydrated. And use organic cold pressed coconut oil for the body, and jojoba oil for the face. You will thank me. You 'won't need body lotion ever again. You can use jojoba oil for both face and body. But if the skin is xtra dry, you might need heavier moisturizing for the body, specialy during the winter months. The coconut oil not only moisturizes, but tones and repairs skin. It is amazing. You can buy it on Amazon, or Puritan.com. They have good deals. Just look up some reviews on it on Amazon and you'll see what I'm talking about. You'll have skin like a diva. I wouldn't use the coconut one on my face though. I think is too much. It might make me break out. Whereas the jojoba oil has stopped my breakouts. Give it a try, you won't regret it. You can get organic jojoba oil on Ebay for a great price.
alstonkenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alstonkenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2011 at 4:17am
To making your skin healthy wash your face with water many times, use quality and herbal soap washing wash face, apply milk cream on face once in a day.
Brandon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 6:55am
Dry skin must be handle with care and should be special attention. Aloe Vera is a great herbal remedy for dry skin. Aloe Vera pulp contains moisture that can help maintain flexibility and softness of your skin. You can rub the paste on the skin, leave it and wash it after a few minutes. Lemon juice is also a natural moisturizer. Apply lemon juice on your skin and let sit for about 15 minutes to make it smoother and softer and may even reduce skin spot.

mikebrownaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikebrownaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2012 at 1:46pm
When I have dry skin I use a thick moisturizer like Nivea, which is an excellent line. Another speedy natural treatment is a small little bit of olive oil mixed along with your regular moisturizer. It works wonders for me. I use it every other day, because I noticed the olive oil can basically clog your pores and cause breakouts in the event you use it often.

tonybruz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonybruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 11:19pm
Dry skin has a low level of oils and can be susceptible to tenderness.Dry skin is familiar by its tight, rough experience and its dull look.Oil glands of the usually healthy skin deliver enough organic oils to reduce skin from sacrificing its humidity.
KarenGreene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarenGreene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 11:56pm
eucerin is really good for extreme dry cases, I know I used to live in the county and we had hard water, it does terrible things to your skin, vaseline intensive care lotion is good also
kaitlinpowell41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaitlinpowell41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 1:25am
Since your skin is dry you need to moisturize it..You can do this with home remedies also..Apply honey with lemon juice.This will keep your skin hydrated...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic