Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey! Redken is 40% off at Trade Secret!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey! Redken is 40% off at Trade Secret!
    Posted: April 08 2003 at 2:12pm
Hello Ev'reebodeeee!

I just got home from the mall! Trade Secret has all Redken products marked down 40%! Everything except the ones in the white bottles with the big numbers on the front.

But All Soft, So Long, and all of those products in the colored bottles are 40% off. It's because Redken is changing the look of their packaging, and they want all of the old bottles gone.

I just spent $40! (Ouch.) But at least I'll be set for a LONG TIME. :)
I decided to try this leave-in they had called 'All Soft Addictive'. It was like $15 full price for a teeny bottle, but Jojoba is one of the main ingredients. Curiously, so is alcohol. But for 40%, I'll be a sucker. The shampoo and conditioner is so good, this stuff must be at least OK.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 3:41pm
You're right about the sale...I walked into my TS and there was an entire bin of All Soft. Like I got out of there with any money left. :-)

Speaking of TS, if you fill out a survey on their web site you can get $5 off a $25 purchase by going to: http://www.tradesecret.com/myprofile.cfm.

And since you and I have been talking ingredients today, why not some more?!?! What kind of alcohol is in Addictive? If it's cetyl, cetearyl or stearyl, there's no reason to worry. Contrary to popular belief, these fatty, coconut-derived agents are actually good emollient moisturizers which enhance hair's shine and softness. SD alcohol 40 and other denatured alcohols are the ones in hairsprays and such that can cause dryness/scalp irritation with repeated use. My guess is that Addictive contains only emollient alcohols.

:-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 7:48pm
Sadly, all my Trade Secret had left in All Soft was the Shampoo and this Addictive stuff. No conditioner.

And I was mistaken! Addictive is not leave-in. I just used it, and read the directions again... apparently I didn't read them carefully the first time. It very obviously says Rinse.

But it does contain Alcohol. Not Cetyl Alcohol or anything else. The first 5 ingredients are:
Water/Aqua
Alcohol
Jojoba Oil/Buxus Chinensis
Avocado Oil/Persea Gratissima
Glycerin

So I rinsed it and my hair is just about dry. So far so good! But I must say I'm disappointed it's not a leave-in. I'm trying to grow my hair waist length. It's already bra length. People tell me I need a leave-in.

Thanks again for your help, Lyris!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 7:54pm
Whaaa, 40% off? that is a good deal.
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 9:09pm
OK I need to know, Is it the stuff in the old bottles?

Redken changed all of their packaging on the Prescriptive line. (shampoos and cond.)

Redken has reccomended to (all Redken authorized salons) clearance the old packaging.

Just curious

P.S. All Soft Additive in a new type of conditioner that you spray on towel dryed hair than rinse out. The conditioning molecules are so small that you actually feel the water separate in the hair.

Note to Lyris; water, alcohol, jojobaoil, avacado oil, gratissima, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, peg-8 isosterate, behentrimonium chloride, trimethyl-silylamonimethicone, fragrance c11-15, pareth-7, laureth-9, tridececth-12, hydroxypropyltrimonium, hydrolyzed wheat protein, lecithin.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2003 at 10:43pm
Yeah, it's the stuff in the old bottles.

But that's OK, right? Does it go bad? I hope not, because I have like 5 years worth of All Soft Shampoo. Thanks to this sale.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2003 at 7:11am
Redken's web site says you *can* actually leave Addictive in for "extra conditioning. Maybe that would work for you! And it just lists "alcohol"...that is SO bizarre. That's like saying "buy me some Ben and Jerry's ice cream" without specifying which flavor...and we ALL know that Cherry Garcia is vastly different that Half Baked (I'll take either anyday though.)

Personally I like the old skinny Redken bottles better than the new flat ones. I have no idea why. Perhaps it's that old "resistance to change" thing creeping out. I also wonder what the shelf life of hair products is...although I would imagine it's a rather long while because most commercially produced products contain preservatives.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2003 at 10:19pm
Yes, It is still really good.

Some of the scents of the products did change, but not all of them. The Extreme line was reformulated.

I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic