Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Betty Nguyen and Robin Meade both...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Betty Nguyen and Robin Meade both...
    Posted: December 05 2008 at 12:32am
have a tendency to trim up long styles in a feathery way around their faces. It rather looks like some alien plant life is about to close around their throats at any moment.

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 4:34am
Good analogy!  I think it is one of those styles that if it isn't styled and pampered perfectly it would look like a stringy mess.  Though the masses probably won't agree, I think that both could lose a good 6 inches. 
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 5:38am
I agree,  I never liked this cut.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 6:55am
Paper, you agree they could lose six inches? I thought you were growing yours out!

I'm not a big fan of the inside feather look either, but both ladies look better with longer hair than shorter hair.

Who has more fun than people?
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 7:39am
Alien that's funny!
hairboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 10:59am
Agree! I always thought Robin's hair looked better shorter, at or just below the shoulders. Her shorter hair was also so much more versitle.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 1:50pm
This style seemed to erupt several years ago, take over the head of every female newscaster on the planet, and hang around long past its expiration date for some. I think it has staying power because it hits that balance of being "safe" enough not to ruin your belief in that person's ability to deliver hard news, yet just enough of a definite style not to look lazy or unpolished.

Not awful, but very bland IMHO and years out of style. It's weird to me that Robin has come back to this after she's had many more flattering, more up-to-date styles in recent years. But as she's so pretty and not doing much these days with the length she has, I'm all for her cutting several inches and trying something completely different. Preferably before this style chokes her to death!
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2008 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Paper, you agree they could lose six inches? I thought you were growing yours out!

I'm not a big fan of the inside feather look either, but both ladies look better with longer hair than shorter hair.

oops, I wasn't agreeing  to cutting 6 inches. I agree this is a strange hair style. It has always bugged me when I see it! Curled under or flipped out would look better.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 11:46pm
I guess I look at this way it is better to have some lenght then going really short. So it is a win for people that love long hair.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2008 at 4:49am
FYI, a photo of Robin as a teen-ager. I've always thought she had naturally curly hair and has it straightened, adding and removing extensions periodically.

%5bimage%5d%20
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2008 at 3:03pm
     We have a local anchor, Candice Kelly, who wears this tentacled style. Unfortunately, she had had the best hair on TV news before her marriage earlier this year. It was mid-back with bountiful blonde bounces. Something to tune in to see! Now, it looks stiff, short, flat and plastic. It distracts from her stunning features. And the hair team has the nerve to take credit for this "style" at the end of each broadcast. Ouch Bob

Edited by Bob S - December 08 2008 at 3:05pm
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2008 at 9:25am
Betty was looking good this week.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 10:01pm
Thanks Fat that Betty pic really looks great.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2009 at 5:51am
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 9:35am

Many mornings, an angel enters my TV room. Ladies and gentlemen, Robin Meade with perhaps her longest, straightest hairstyle ever. (No comments about the extensions, OK? Let me enjoy the moment.)

http://www.picamatic.com/view/2992467_hln-032309-042/

Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 10:39am
The moment's all yours, Kramer. She's a beauty no matter what. Wonder how long it'll last...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 11:22am
Perfection!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2009 at 3:12pm
The heavy make-up is beginning to make her look like a parody of herself.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2009 at 11:16pm
Well, it didn't last long enough. Robin's hair went from her longest, thickest, most voluptuous style ever to a six inches shorter, much thinner, more layered and bangier style. Extensions or no extensions, it's like an angel has had her wings trimmed. Here are photos from the past week or two, in order. There are no two photos from the same day. Guess which styles I like best and which style I like the least. (Here's a hint on part two: It's the last one.) Please, somebody feel my pain.

If these photos disappear and the links become obsolete -- as gogomags photos and links tend to do -- and you want to see how beautiful Robin's hair can be if she let's it be, click here: http://reportercaps.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=caps&action=display&thread=23446 It may take awhile to load at first, but it's so worth it. If you don't like her with long hair or think she wears too makeup (good grief, this is a hair site), don't bother.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 5:17am
I like it soooo much more.  I would even go with more bang on the forehead and 3 - 4 inches shorter.  But in my opinion, she looks so much better.  No pain here, just happiness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic