Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Super Hold For Full Lace Wigs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pastor Sha'be View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastor Sha'be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Hold For Full Lace Wigs
    Posted: December 09 2008 at 12:04pm
I am new at this! What is the best glue and tape for a full complete 4 week hold? And I welcome all add'l info. Please help soon, the wig will arrive 12/15/08.
Blessings, Lots of Love and Prayers,
Pastor Sha'be
ChildofGod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChildofGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 2:12pm
Hi, I don't keep my unit on for 4 weeks because I just HAVE to wash my hair every week, but I get a very good hold with Davlyn Green and Pro-flex noshine tape. HTH
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be forgiven. Luke 6:37

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastor Sha'be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2008 at 6:37pm
Thank you so much Child of God, but I'm always on the go and I need to know what I can use to hold the full lace wig for at least 3 to 4 weeks without any lifting.
Pastor Sha'be
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 3:28pm
I agree with C.O.G., it's not very healthy to keep your unit on that long....I do understand being on the go all the time though.

Also, I agree with her hold recommendations...great hold!

Edited by Shonita24 - December 10 2008 at 3:29pm
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastor Sha'be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 4:28pm
Thanks Shonita, I realize that it may not be healthy but I need it to hold for at least 2 to 3 weeks without any lifting. This is why, if I am ministering out of state for two weeks and I am in front of hundreds or thousands of people in church (during the day and every night) I would not want the lace wig to lift (smile). So I can change my view on the 4 to 6 weeks but I need that 2 to 3 week hold.
Pastor Sha'be
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Pastor Sha'be Pastor Sha'be wrote:

Thanks Shonita, I realize that it may not be healthy but I need it to hold for at least 2 to 3 weeks without any lifting. This is why, if I am ministering out of state for two weeks and I am in front of hundreds or thousands of people in church (during the day and every night) I would not want the lace wig to lift (smile). So I can change my view on the 4 to 6 weeks but I need that 2 to 3 week hold.

Trust me, I totally understand (smile)
The bad thing about adhesives is what might work for someone else.....may not work for you (I learned the hard way LOLLOL)  So try the adhesive combo C.O.G. recommended and see how it works for you......Good luck to you!
anjee34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anjee34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 6:18pm
Has anyone order from Lace locs before?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastor Sha'be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 8:05pm
Shonita I understand and thank you so much. If you have any info that might be helpful, will you please share the info with meSmile
Pastor Sha'be

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastor Sha'be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2008 at 8:09pm
Anjee34, I havent. I'm not sure if I have ever heard of locs Smile. I'm sorry!
Pastor Sha'be
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2008 at 8:05am

I think you have a misunderstanding about how long the unit can last on your head with glues etc.

If someone told you you could get a 3 - 4 week hold - .. umm they were just trying to get your money.

I am a member if several lf boards and the averge time is about a week. Some girls can last up to two weeks but their head will be stinky by two weeks so all those folks you will be trying to impress will be wondering why you smell.
Wink

Aside from this ... as the other member stated .. the glues don't work for everyone in the same way Some people layer several different adhesives, some layer with liquid adhesives with adhesive tape etc - you have to try out different things for yourself.

This is not a 'quick' way of dealing with your hair. It takes time and effort - otherwise it's gonna look .. bad.Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastor Sha'be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2008 at 12:38pm

Bella8933, thank you soooooo much because that is exactly what I was told (the full lace wig can hold up to 6 wks). I thought WOW, this may be an answer for me. I was told that you can wash your wig on your head along with going swimming (as long as you use a super hold). The wig is not for impressing others but for me Big%20smile! It's my gift to me. So I was not thinking of picking up a smelly habit Smile. So, from what you are saying, I as well as others are being informed incorrectly. I am so glad I found this site and joined. Please feel free to share more info concerning FLW, and once again thank you.

Pastor Sha'be
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2008 at 2:38pm
Hey Pastor Sha'be,

One of the ladies on another forum recommended the combo Davlyn Green and True Blue Tape (which she purchased from "For Girls Like Us"....
Hope this helps
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2008 at 3:33pm
Oh that's what we all read about lf wigs ...initially. It's myth.

But when you start to read and learn .. you see that maybe with the right adhesive combo so can manage this but how about your hair underneath?

It will be growing and building up all sorts of oil, dead skin etc so when you remove it .. you will have to deal with you own head which is sure to be a knoted mess. :(

Plus ..your head will be ITCHING you all that time which will drive you nuts.

If you wash your unit on your head - you can't be sure your own hair dries properly so you might end up with a fungus growing on your scalp. This is not a nice thing because the doctor will most likely have to shave and treat your head and tell you to leave it uncovered for some time. So now you are really walking around .. bald. Confused

You need to do your research - true but once you get your application down .. it will look like it's yours (just don't go overboard on the color and length!) :)

Good luck ...  grasshopper! (Karate kid circa 1975)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastor Sha'be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2008 at 4:17pm
Thank you Shonita and by the way your picture is beautiful. I have to figure out how to put my picture on Smile.
God Bless!
Pastor Sha'be

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastor Sha'be Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2008 at 4:25pm
Bella8933, I could not stop laughing LOL! This is just the beginning and I am in the mist of researching and plan to continue. I'm hoping that this website will continue to be helpful.
Much Thanks
Pastor Sha'be
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 11:36am

Thank you Shonita and by the way your picture is beautiful. I have to figure out how to put my picture on Smile.
God Bless!

Thanks so muchWink
CoachCourtney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachCourtney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2009 at 1:03am

Bella8933, thank you soooooo much because that is exactly what I was told (the full lace wig can hold up to 6 wks). I thought WOW, this may be an answer for me. I was told that you can wash your wig on your head along with going swimming (as long as you use a super hold). The wig is not for impressing others but for me Big%20smile! It's my gift to me. So I was not thinking of picking up a smelly habit Smile. So, from what you are saying, I as well as others are being informed incorrectly. I am so glad I found this site and joined. Please feel free to share more info concerning FLW, and once again thank you.

I was told the exact same thing about the Ultra Hold glue and am having a hard time getting it to hold for 4 days....lol.
Courtney Morgan
http://www.myjourneytosuccess.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic