Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Microchet method - OC, Calif. ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scene5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microchet method - OC, Calif. ?
    Posted: December 18 2008 at 12:49am
I have fine hair.  Medium length.  Tried a weft, and it was a nightmare -- it slipped, and it itched because the band at the top had bumps, and it was scratchy.  I have read a lot about extensions, and I want individual extensions -- for length and a bit of thickness.     After looking at all the techniques, I believe the microchet will be the most gentle on my hair.   But I cannot find anything on the internet that indicates a salon that does them.  I am in the OC (California), and I really really really want them.  Does anyone know where I can go???? 
Peace To All
Murph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2008 at 12:13am
You're right, with fine hair, you definitely need the microchet method.  I have extremely thin, fine hair as well and I have microchet.  I live in LA and know of someone in Koreatown and Beverly Hills.  Charles Oh (microchet creator) currently deals with my hair, but I'm super unhappy with him.  He's cold, and speaks very, very little English, making it a really frustrating experience.  Just tonight, I met with a lady in Beverly Hills who goes by "Doc."  You can find them both online, Charles's website is microchetextensions.com and Doc's is microchetextension.com (difference of an S).  Doc seemed really cool (and well spoken, thankfully!), but she is just as expensive as Charles Oh.  It is the most expensive techinque of extensions, but definitely the best for your hair.  You won't spend less than 1700.00 every 3-4 months, unfortunately.  I think I'm going to go with Doc next - I need to get them re-done asap.  I've had them for 7 months now and am VERY happy with them.  Let me know if you have any more questions.  I'll be happy to help.
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2008 at 5:36pm
i met with charles about a year or two ago-
his method is very expensive and  you really shouldnt have to pay that much every three months
that method is designed to have the hair be reusable.
the main reason i ended up selling what i got from him. after the hair is tied onto a few strands, which i dont agree with anyway- too much presure on a few strands,
when it is time for maintenace, the string is suposed to be cut off, then the strand is suposed to attached with a cylinder, which is my main method- so in my mind, why would i want to do string, then cut it off, THEN
attach with cylinder, when at first i can attach with cylinder and have more hair supporting extension hair.
check out my site, i am in rancho cucamonga, not too far from orange county- i offer free consults.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Murph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 11:36am
Thank you very much.  I will keep you in mind for the future.  I actually met with a girl in Westwood yesterday, who convinced me to ditch Microchet and go with cylinder.  I'll be getting them redone today, for only $400.00, reusing my current hair.  Thank you for the help, and I'll keep your website handy!

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 1:41pm
wow- thats alot for a touch up-
Murph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 11:58pm
Really?  It ended up being 600 dollars - $3 per strand.  How much do you normally charge?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2009 at 2:57pm
i charge hourly to do my maintenance- it usually takes about hour or hour and half, comes out to under 200.
Scene5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2009 at 7:24pm
Hi, what is the status with Murph's experience in December?  I tried extensions with the "metal beads" with a local salon, but the extensions slid down my hair (and pulled off some of my hair while sliding down) within one month.  I think she put too many extensions in, and she did not anchor them on enough hair.  Now I am back to the drawing board, and with a little less hair...

Peace To All
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2009 at 3:56pm
check out my site- let me see if i can help you-
Murph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2009 at 4:54pm
I just wanted to share this with everyone: I went to Sand (TanglesRC) for the hair locs and she did an awesome job.  She's super affordable and made it a great experience for me at the salon.  My extensions never looked or felt better.  I recommend her to anyone in SOCAL who wears extensions!
Scene5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2009 at 5:17pm
I met with Sand about a week ago for a consultation - it was great.  I am going back to have them done by Sand next week.  Tongue
Peace To All
YaYaMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 2:05am
I've had both Charles, Doc, and three others do my hair and I like Doc best.  She's nice, she does EXACTLY what you ask her to with no fuss, and my hair actually grew and became healthier!!!!   I don't think she's more expensive because she puts in more extensions for the same price.  She also puts them on better AND you can understand everything she says!   Most importantly, she's a perfectionist and her work lasts longer.  The only problem is that she has another job so the few appointments she has go really fast.  Still, I'm never going any place else.  The way my hair is growing now, by this time next year I won't need extensions.  Oh yeah, a mistake in your post -- Doc's site is microchet extensions WITH an s, not without the s.
YaYaMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 2:08am
I've had both Charles, Doc, and three others do my hair and I like Doc best.  She's nice, she does EXACTLY what you ask her to with no fuss, and my hair actually grew and became healthier!!!!   I don't think she's more expensive because she puts in more extensions for the same price.  She also puts them on better AND you can understand everything she says!   Most importantly, she's a perfectionist and her work lasts longer.  The only problem is that she has another job so the few appointments she has go really fast.  Still, I'm never going any place else.  The way my hair is growing now, by this time next year I won't need extensions.  Oh yeah, a mistake in your post -- Doc's site is microchet extensions WITH an s, not without the s.
If this posts twice excuse it, my computer is wiggin'
Scene5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scene5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 12:22pm
As posted earlier, I went to Sand (at Tangles salon) for a consultation.  I came to her with damaged hair, and wondering whether extensions were going to work for me at all (the previous extensions put in by another salon were a mess and pulling out my hair).  Sand educated me on what was wrong with the extensions the other salon did.  She explained how they are done correctly.  I went back to have her do the extensions.

SO FAR SO GOOD.  The quality of the hair is superior to the hair used by the other salon.  Sand listened to what I wanted and what I did not want (she listened).  She put in perfect rows.  She cut it the way I needed.  She instructed me on how best to care for them.  She gave me the best products for the extensions and my hair.  She was professional in the best sense of the word.

NOW I KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO HAVE A GOOD head of hair extensions!  THANK YOU SAND!!!!!   Tongue

Peace To All
Murph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 12:41pm
Seriously, Sandy is the BEST.  I recommend everyone who wears extensions, or wants to wear extensions go to her.  She has the best prices, does the best work, and is the nicest stylist you'll ever have.  Not to mention, Tangles, her salon has the best staff - super nice, and super professional.  
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 1:25pm
i have had the PRIVLEDGE to work with both murph and scene5~
awesome ladies and I had so much fun giving them beautiful hair... very classy ladies that are down to earth.

vanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2010 at 7:17am
Very intersting!        

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic