Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A little dye mishap.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cantarella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cantarella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little dye mishap.
    Posted: December 18 2008 at 12:03pm
Well, A few weeks ago I redyed my hair black. Assuming all the color washout had run it's course, yesterday I bleached my tips in order to dye them blue. When I washed out the bleach the black bled into the newly acquired blonde and turned the majority of my ends gray.

Now I am not new to hair dye by any means, but why did this happen? And how can I prevent it from happening again?

Thank you all!
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2008 at 11:42am
Hi, It happens when your applying bleach, the black will still run, even though you rinse and rinse your hair, you will still have the black coming from your previous colour, always happens with black and reds and fashion colours. Not much you can do about it, however your blue will still grab onto the bleach areas.

Karen
karen sanderson
r4ch3l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r4ch3l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2008 at 1:04pm
Always rinse with as cold of water as you can stand, it helps keep the cuticle closed thus preventing some bleeding. It's usually too much work for people, but you can also cover the black in a thick conditioner [like cholesterol] and wash it separately from the tips, and vice versa.
doubt truth to be a liar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic