Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

adding blue dye to black hair for blue tint?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lesliemw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesliemw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: adding blue dye to black hair for blue tint?
    Posted: December 20 2008 at 5:18pm
i have black hair, but would like that  blue/black look. you know, the one where your hair is black but shines blue...

so i was wondering, if i bought a blue hair dye, just a very vibrant bright blue, and put it over my black hair, if it would give me that blue tint/shine.

or would the blue just not show up at all
raybay24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raybay24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2008 at 6:51pm
Chances are it wouldn't show, but you could always try or let it sit for a bit longer than you normally would. Usually the bottles of vivid colored hair dye I get have instructions for dark hair on them...i'm suprised that yours doesn't
[i.love.ben]
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 10:30pm
I have used blue dye on my dark hair.It wont be blue on your hair,but it will give you a pretty blue-black color.Unless your hair is already blue-black you will definitely see a change in the tone.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2008 at 11:13pm
Another thing you could do, if you got the moola, is to go to a salon and add in navy blue highlights, baylage or streaks in your black hair. It'll look so awesome. It's quite difficult to achieve blue sheen in black hair unless your hair was a lighter color beforehand.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic