Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Winter Makeup?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Winter Makeup?
    Posted: December 28 2008 at 5:36pm
I am recently getting into colored eyeliners. Jewel tone liners and especially metallics are my favorites this season. Does anyone else have a favorite winter or holiday makeup type or product?
~
Life Love Beauty
Alvy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 1:35am
Use Emami Boroplus Antiseptic Herbal Cream for beautiful,glowing and smooth skin.

zel18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zel18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 12:03am
What I need to have during winter is a special winter cream. Winter makes my skin dry and lifeless and a night cream is all I got for defense.

Edited by Administrator - October 23 2012 at 1:56pm
karinasturtz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karinasturtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2011 at 5:30am
In the winter, women tend to wear more foundation and oilier skins tend to produce more oil in response to the dry, cold air. Oils in foundation and oils from your skin oxidize during the day and turn orange. This is why we see that tell-tale orange “line of demarcation” at the jaw line as the day progresses. The solution is using a purple-toned makeup primer under your foundation. The best ones are silicone-based for flawless, smooth make up application. Plus, the purple color counteracts the orange in the skin caused from oils oxidizing. I think that is the best make up for winter.

Edited by karinasturtz - April 28 2011 at 5:31am
menvyhomes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote menvyhomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 1:15pm
There are some excellent tips for winter make up. You have to be very careful about your face in the winter because it is the time when your face have a rashes, dryness an wrinkls that is why you have to do a light make up on your face.
jenkyhomes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenkyhomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 7:01pm
There are some important tips about your winter make up. I have to say that you have to do light make up with normal sun skin lotion and use only ayurvedic products as compare to other herbal products.
monicawebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monicawebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 5:22pm
I love metallics this winter and also glittery eye shadow for the evening!
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 11:29pm
I agree metallic eye liners or eye shadows are my fav in the season :) 
rosaclinic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosaclinic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2012 at 7:07am
dark blush-on and eye liners are the best suited.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2012 at 1:29pm

I wear a lot of gold tone eye shadows in the fall and winter because they look best on my skin and I like trying out some of the new trends with each passing season. This summer I wore a lot of bright fun lipsticks like pinks and coral tones but this fall and winter darker colors are in like plums and wine tone colors or even deep reds. I also like doing more smokey eyeshadow looks in the winter and fall. My skin actually looks best in the winter for some reason, I lose my tan that I have developed from vacation and the summer which makes my foundations and concealer match my skin tone a lot better and I don’t have to paste on loads of sunscreen which my skin doesn’t react favourably to. I do use light oils that don’t clog your pours but makes your skin look radiant or I use moisturizing creams.

Audrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2018 at 8:13pm
A plummy blushes that go on sheer, crimson lips, lush lashes with nude lids and grey liner... that's what comes to mind.
MiaMackenzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MiaMackenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2018 at 2:01pm
Great thread, your suggestions is really helpful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic