Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Makeup brushes comparible to MAC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phix95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phix95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Makeup brushes comparible to MAC
    Posted: December 31 2008 at 9:35pm
I saw this vid on youtube on how to get a smokey eye look and the girl used MAC everything (shadow and brushes), specifically brush 242, 219, and 224. I saw how freakin expensive they are and wondered if anyone knew of ones comparable that are cheaper. I never used brushes before b/c the sponge grabs more color; when I tried using a brush it just got dusted over my eyes and looked way to sheer...maybe my shadow sucks I don't know.
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2009 at 6:35pm
Lots of people are using art brushes they are cheaper, same quality and can be found at crafts stores like Micheal's. I believe the brand is Lowe Cornell. it a the best of the best in the paint world in regards to brushes.

CostalScents.com  also has great quality  brushes( search on youtube for exact site link)
phix95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phix95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2009 at 9:03pm
Thanks.  I hadn't thought of that. I'm an artist too, lol!
hotcocoa84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotcocoa84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 8:08pm
I know, why is MAC so freaking expensive??? all the videos are of MAC and it's expensive
http://www.ioffer.com/users/soflyhair
krystlegarrison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krystlegarrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2009 at 4:22pm
I use acrylic paint brushes or Smashbox brushes. The paint brushes are so much cheaper and comparable in quality.
Krystle
Chi_Chi04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi_Chi04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 5:40pm
if you go on ebay there a set of 120 eye shadows and it brings brushes wif that set and they r pretty good.. or even at BJs....
Chi_Chi<3
jeaniexo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeaniexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 4:17pm
I think Sonia Kashuk brushes are really nice, comparable to my Bobby Brown brushes at least. They are sold at Target for a fraction of the prices and come in adorable sets. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic