Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Volumizing/thickening product

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lokistorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lokistorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Volumizing/thickening product
    Posted: January 21 2009 at 10:18pm
Hey, I'm male and I have short to medium length hair. My hair is naturally quite fine/sleek and I often use product/hairspray on my hair; however, my hair does not take to it and it becomes flat and gunky within a couple of hours.

I believe my problem lies within the pre-drying/straightening process. I've already tried a thickening shampoo, and I've already found that it is making my hair more thicker and less sleek/flat; however, I still want something that will allow my hair to naturally have a dry, matte and volumized finish so that when I blow-dry, straighten and then add product to my hair, it will remain styled and textured throughout the day and styling products will take to my hair easily.

I was hoping you could suggest some sort of pre-blow drying/straightening product which can be put on the damp hair and allows your hair to have the most naturally textured and volumized finish so that when adding product such as hairspray or wax - it takes really well to the hair, and keeps a strong hold/lift.

I've noticed products such as Bed Head's cooky and Bed Head's Superstar and also Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray and their Surf Spray.. but I cannot decide which is best for me. I want the one which offers the most extreme lift/volume.
parkavery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkavery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2009 at 9:23am
Depending on how fine your hair is, you might be using too much product. This would weigh it down and negate any volume you'd get from it.

Do you have a picture of the style you're looking for? If it's something super-spiky, IMHO all you'd need is clean hair to apply it to. Piling product on top of product might keep it from adhering.

Have you tried any of the protein/pro-v type shampoos? These are good for volume as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic