Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Hair Queen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jasminet1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasminet1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Hair Queen
    Posted: January 22 2009 at 11:52am
Hello eveybody!

I would like to introduce myself.  My name is Debra and I live in Nebraska.  I am 32 years old with two children, one boy and one girl.  I work in a professional office setting and therefore have to style my hair 5 days a week.  I have very fine, blonde hair and have had more bad hair days in my life than good.  Lets just put it this way, I need all the advise that I can get.

Since having my children my hair has thinned out alot! Before, even though it has always been fine, I had alot more of it.  Now since I have to style it every day, it has become extrememly dry.  I have tried leave in conditioners and pretty much every professional product on the market with little to no result.  I am at my wits end with several bad haircuts and am to the point where I am about ready to pull a Brittney move.

I have considered extensions, but am afraid that I might end up with even worse hair in the end and possible a bad wig!

Help!!!!
How can I repair my dry, lifeless, limp hair without having to break the bank and get back on the road to repair???

Thanks in advance.

Debra T
MsChelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsChelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 8:34am
Why don't you try to use something like Aussie Deeeeep 3 Minute Miracle?  It's not a salon product, but it does offer deep conditioning and should be available at any major retailer that sells Aussie products.  If that doesn't do the trick for you, call their customer service number, and one of their professionals can assist you with a better recommendation.

Edited by MsChelle - March 01 2009 at 9:30am
MsChelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsChelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2009 at 8:35am
That's Aussie - not Auusie
tpham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2009 at 3:57pm
Hello Debra,

I understand your frustration with your hair!!  You certainly do not have to break the bank on your road to hair repair.  I am 29 years old (never had children though) and have a history of using hot tools almost every day of the week.  The blow dryer and flattening iron were my life lines.  Using hot tools every day on my hair left it looking lifeless, dry, brittle, and filled with nasty split ends.  And worst of all, it was thinning out and falling out more each day in the shower!  Below are the steps that I took.  My hair improved in about 2 months.  Patience is key because there is no magical product or pill that will instantly repair/mend dry, damaged hair! 

Now, before anything, I went to the salon to get a trim.  I don't care what any company claim to do but there is no way to mend or repair split ends!  No way, no how.  Period.  Now... continuing with our road to hair recovery!!

Now, first, I stopped washing my hair every day.  After much research online and reading hair books, they all say that over washing your hair is the main reason for dry and frizzy hair.  I learned that over washing our hair strips our scalp of natural oils called sebum.  I was skeptical at first because I was afraid of not feeling "clean" on the non-wash days.  But after about 2 weeks, I noticed a difference in my hair.  It was no longer greasy on the non-wash days!  And it was a bit less dry.  Yes, just a bit... but it has only been 2 weeks.  So far, so good.  Oh, also... when I do wash my hair: I wash it twice in the shower.  First wash, I use a small quarter size shampoo to clean all of the dirt and grease out.  Then, second wash with another small quarter size shampoo again, I wash and rinse thoroughly.  This is better than using one huge glop of shampoo all at once.  Then condition, always always condition the hair after shampooing!!! 

Second, I stopped using hot tools on my hair!  It was like a vacation for my damages stresses!  I have my hair air dry most days.  But for days that I absolutely have to blow dry, I use a heat protectant prior to turning on the heat.  Basically, REDUCE hot tools usage.  Your hair will thank you for it, trust me!

Finally, I deep condition twice a month.  This is the key.  I'm very frugal when it comes to beauty products because I do not believe all those weird chemical names on the label really does anything good for the hair.  So, I made my own at home recipes from online websites and research.  Try heating up olive oil (yes, plain old olive oil) or coconut oil (about 2 oz total for one session) and spread it all down your hair shaft and ends.  Then, gently massage some oil into your scalp as well because healthy hair starts from a healthy scalp!  As cliche as that sounds, it's true!  Be sure to wrap your hair with a damp hot towel to open the pores in the hair which allows the oils to activate and penetrate the hair shaft.

Do these three steps and I promise you, your hair will be healthier in 1-2 months.  Let me know how if it works out for you! 

Best of luck!

signals3_t3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signals3_t3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2009 at 7:53pm
Hello Queen your welcome

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><>

See More Details

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic