Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDamaged Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PinkHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinkHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damaged Hair
    Posted: January 22 2009 at 9:32pm
Please Please Please PLEASE help me.
My hair is falling out, some...

My hair has been bleached seven times... and dyed eight times. I KNOW. I killed my hair. I did. Dx It's black right now, and it's sorta smooth... but, I want to be able to do it pink this summer... like I always do.

I heard of a product called Biolustre... Will it fix my hair so I can do this?

what can I do?
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2009 at 9:52am
hun once it's fried its fried, i use to do all that colorful sh!t, i had waist length hair and one day from all the color and bleaching ,it melted off in patches at the roots. I ultimately had to cut it in a short pixie.  I would stop before it gets to the point where it melts offs... you can read my journal it tells it all..|

stop while your ahead or  enjoy a super short pixie style for a few months!
mschampagne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mschampagne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2009 at 9:54pm
Go natural! There's some good products out there...I've been through having relaxers, weaves, braids -- they all have the same damaging effect. Check out this video on easiest way to maintain! Especially if you're one that doesn't have the time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAUCmFse_GE

ashblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2009 at 5:52pm
I have some questions.

I've read hair forums, and one thing I've notices is that so many people are frying their hair attempting remove permanent haircolor themselves

Everytime I read the horror stories, I wonder why none of them simply opted to get permanent haircolor professionally removed.

Is it because beauty salons are hesitant?  I understand the reasons for the hesitancy. First, if hair color removal products are not correctly applied, discoloration and breakage will result. Moreover, waiting customers can see a botched job, and they can decide to take their business elsewhere.

Second, the proscess uses up alot of salon's resources, including conditioner. Third, it can take as much as 4 hours, and in 4 hours, a hair dresser could have colored 3 peoples' hair.

Fourth, the hair dresser never knows for sure if the hair color removal proscess will get done right the first time. If it looks too funny, waiting custmers can see this.

Fifth, if some breakage happens, the client can sue.

But still, I don't think these are sufficient reasons. After all, don't they teach hair color removal in Beauty school, and shouldn't graduates know how to properly remove hair color?

Edited by ashblonde - June 05 2009 at 5:58pm
parkavery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkavery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2009 at 4:02am
It sounds like your hair definitely needs a break.

Alternatively, go to a trusted salon and get a hair strength test. A good stylist is always ready to say "no" if your hair can't handle something.
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 3:21pm
I do lots of bleach and back and forth with my hair. The best thing is to make sure you are using protein and strengthening treatments to help repair damage after each bleaching... Once it gets to a certain point though, you really do have to just let it grow...

*nirvana*
www.doctoredlocks.com

mtptl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtptl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2010 at 10:16pm
what you may have to do is cut it. even if you succeed in getting you hair back to that dark brown, you hair is obviously very damaged, and begin to split and break off and make matters worse. don't worry about it, we are all stupid when it comes to hair lol we just have to learn from the mistakes!

i had to cut my hair and i was sooo upset, but it grew back happy and healthy! hope i helped!
=====================
Search Engine Optimisation | SEO Company
crystalmwks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystalmwks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2010 at 3:20am
my friend was platinum for a year or so but it totally fried her hair.  she entered hair school and found out a little too late to save it, but she learned her lesson.  being that blonde looks so good!!  but she dyed it back to dark brown and cut it...now it's really healthy and looks great.  definitely considering rocking a pixie - i had one for years and loved it because it was so easy.

my friend started Professionnel using L'Oréal Professionnel's INOA because it has no ammonia and isn't harsh on your hair.  if you do want to continue dying you should try INOA or something gentler than what you were using before. 
tomsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2010 at 10:00pm
Hello, I am here, hope you can get more help, I'll do it better, let you believe, and my greatest

joy is your cooperation!LOLTongueSmile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic