Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can people with straight hair get waves?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ldubb22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ldubb22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2010 at 11:57am
damn

Edited by ldubb22 - January 27 2010 at 12:32pm
SpookDollaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpookDollaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 7:02am
 Yoo could you help me out im full white with straight hair and im looking for help with waves ive never actually tried to get waves but it would be cool to have them   write me back and ill send pics
$p()()k D()11@z
notoriousdrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notoriousdrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by SpookDollaz SpookDollaz wrote:

Yoo could you help me out im full white with straight hair and im looking for help with waves ive never actually tried to get waves but it would be cool to have them   write me back and ill send pics

Please start a new Thread instead of hi-jacking this one
Do you know do you know do you know>?
STR8tupmenace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STR8tupmenace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 3:23pm
Jus started been tryn for awhile gave up I'm bac on it tho wavin super lite weight tho 50% white 50%black similar hair texture will post pics soon I think I need carrot oil/cream and pink lotion . I'm using scurl 360 pomade durag and soft Bruh
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 2:51pm
Is your hair naturally curly?
[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/Gristyle/84497587_l.gif" />
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
STR8tupmenace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STR8tupmenace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2011 at 5:34pm
Loose curls here's a pic
JetnSKYhigh AP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JetnSKYhigh AP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 5:26pm
where do you get that pink oil and indian hemp..etc and for about how much? i need help gettin them waves i think my hair is like yours
JetnSKYhigh AP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JetnSKYhigh AP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 5:28pm
ill post pics soon..somebody help me out!!
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2011 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by STR8tupmenace STR8tupmenace wrote:

Loose curls here's a pic
You should have no problem acheiving 360 waves
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by JetnSKYhigh AP JetnSKYhigh AP wrote:

where do you get that pink oil and indian hemp..etc and for about how much? i need help gettin them waves i think my hair is like yours
You can find them at your local Walgreens or Sally's
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
eminem jr. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eminem jr. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 2:05pm
A man maybe u can help I'm 100percent white and tryin to get waves maybe u can hit me up on my email nicholas_yniguez@yahoo.com gige me tips I'm starting from scratch wats the first thing I should do
Auto135pl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto135pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 9:04am
I'm mixed with straight hair family from St.Vincent I have straight hair you think I can get waves ?

Edited by Auto135pl - November 11 2011 at 9:07am
Auto135pl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auto135pl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 9:05am
I'm mixed with straight hair family from St.Vincent I have straight hair you think I can get waves ?
Wavyboy102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wavyboy102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2012 at 8:40pm
Hey I got straight hair and want to kno if I can get 360 waves I'm puerto rican and Dominican can I get them please HELP
markeezy237 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markeezy237 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 5:57pm
I got straight hair can y'all help me get 360
Puertorican92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puertorican92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2012 at 5:50pm
I trynna get waves Im 100% Puerto Rican my hair gets really curly when it gets long but when it short it looks straight can i get waves i been brushing for a week and i want to know if Im wasting my time
MSFHS11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSFHS11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 9:52am
Im Tryna do the sam thing i aint started but does it work and which scurl the non drip moisturiser and activater or another one ?
MSFHS11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSFHS11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 9:57am
Can I Get Waves, My hairs Thick And Kinda Straight and course?

Edited by MSFHS11 - May 26 2012 at 9:59am
Gristyle View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
King of Waves, 360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gristyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 11:19am
The answer to all your question is yes!! We can all achieve waves. Some get them faster than others. What waves are, is organized curls. So if you can get your hair to curl, you can waves. The best way to get your hair to curl is to brush. Make sure you moisture your hair
I eat waves like cake
360 DEEP!
freddysmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddysmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2012 at 7:54am
Gristyle is right to some extent.  Yes, anyone can get waves.  That is correct.  However, there is hair which is best suited to creating waves and this is what is known as Type 1 hair.

Type 1 hair is fine in thickness and tends to be soft rather than coarse.  It has natural wave or curl texture.  Type 1 hair is easy to wave without any chemical interventions.

Type 2 hair is defined as medium in thickness and may be coarse (feels rough to the touch).  This type of hair also has natural wave and curl, but it may need to be softened with the help of a texturizer or relaxer to get waves to form.

Type 3 hair is thick to very thick, coarse to very coarse and very tightly curled.  This type of hair is referred to in slang terms as nappy.  If the hair can not be softened with the proper pomades, creams or lotions, it will have a much harder time forming waves.

Type 4 hair is either naturally bone straight or hast just a hint of wave and/or curl.  This type of hair has no bend.  When the hair has not natural wave or curl it is much harder to achieve perfect waves without chemical intervention.

Ultimately if hair is hard to wave because it is too straight or too kinky curly or wavy the options are to use chemicals to either relax or soften the tight curls and waves or to use a chemical kit to add bend and curl or wave.

Most people don't share this secret.  Some people frown on the use of kits and only value waves which are created 100% naturally through hard work of brushing.

However, the reality is that people of all races can have waves IF they are willing to utilize chemicals to help prepare the hair.

The downside to chemicals is that as the hair grows and forms into the desired waves, the chemicals will eventually grow out of the hair and the kits will have to be reapplied to the roots.  However, it does work.  I know people who have used kits to relax and kits to add texture and they are not African American. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic