Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White girls with Yaki texture?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Donnadiane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnadiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White girls with Yaki texture?
    Posted: January 31 2009 at 1:37am
Hi! Im sorry for posting two similar questions but I was not sure where to post this one!

I really hope you can advice me on this oneSmile! Is it 'ok' for white girls to wear Yaki texture hair? Im caucasian so would it be ok for me to wear say a lace wig with yaki texture, or have hair extensions/weave with yaki texture? I really love this texture and my own hair is pretty coarse, but im unsure of what people (mainly african american girls) will think of me, will i come off like trying to be something im not? I dont mind people noticing its extencions, because extensions are so common among girls today, but i just dont want to offend or annoy annyone.

Have you seen any white girls wearing yaki? And what do you think of this?

HoneyCaramel_12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyCaramel_12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 3:31am
Girl please LOL wear your hair however the hell you want to lol. Seriously, people talk about black women straightening our hair all the time and we don't care. Thumbs%20Up Black women really get a lot of flak for straightening or relaxing our hair, from the black community and everybody else. I've seen the 'natural girls' looking down on the 'relaxed girls', etc and it's ridiculous to me. The way I see it, people should wear their hair however they're comfortable wearing it. If somebody has a problem, that's their own business. Do you, in other words, you have to do what works for you. 
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 4:06pm
 got to agree w/ the poster above, it's your hair screw others, theirs always gonna be the ppl who love it or hate no matter what it is your do so why notmake yourself happy in the process....

if your worried about it looking non-white-girlish why not foto shop a picture of the hair texture over a pic of your face to get an idea of how it would look.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2009 at 6:57pm
Wear what you want to wear, if you like how it looks, who cares about what others say. People are always going to have something to say, good or bad.
Donnadiane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnadiane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 8:16am
Thanks alot for your replies girls! You are SO right =)
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 9:30pm
Own that hair girl!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic