Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going for a pixie cut?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
WLA79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLA79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going for a pixie cut?
    Posted: February 11 2009 at 6:59am
Hi there.

My hair is thinning and I feel like a change. Even though all the girls say Don't do it!!!

I used to have my head shaved, then Ive grown it past my shoulders, but it gets in the way and I can't do anything with it.

Im also up at 5:30am every day, so hate having to wash and dry it every morning.

Do you guys think this will suit?

ME NOW( I actually have it layered now since this pic and no longer have a fringe, I have a big forehead too lol)

Hair Im thinking of:

Edited by WLA79 - February 11 2009 at 7:00am
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 7:19am
why not?   you had it shaved off at one point.
you know whats its going to look like.
go for it!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
WLA79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLA79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 8:07am

I'm a lot bigger than I was when I had my head shaved (stone heavier) so was concerned it may not suit me, although I only a british size 14

bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 12:35pm
Do you have a picture of what you looked like when it was bald?  I ask because that would give a good indication of your forehead and just your overall look.  Yes you say you are bigger now but it would still give a good idea on what it would look like in the future.  Or do you have any pics of what it looked like while you were growing it out?
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 2:44pm
If you are worried about being larger now, I wouldn't go for the shaved look but a pixie with height would help - the first pic you posted looks awesome to me and I think would work with your features.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 9:13pm
I really like the first picture of what you're thinking about; I think it will suit you just fine.
HAWG
WLA79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLA79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2009 at 2:13am
DONE!!LOL

Edited by WLA79 - February 12 2009 at 2:16am
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2009 at 5:19am
Awesome.  Really makes your eyes pop.  How do you like it?
WLA79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLA79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2009 at 5:41am
I like it...can't beleive the amount of compliments I've had today, really shocked me.

My heads cold though and we are having snow today LOL

Edited by WLA79 - February 12 2009 at 5:45am
ponytail_male View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ponytail_male Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2009 at 5:49am
Wow, really cute. Well done you!
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2009 at 7:00am
And you were worried...  Looks great! Not at all surprising about all the compliments.

Edited by makeitshort - February 12 2009 at 10:15am
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2009 at 7:26am
congrats on being brave   enjoy it!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
WLA79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLA79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2009 at 8:32am
Will do...thanks everyone
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2009 at 5:07pm

Wow hottie alert. You look much sexier with short hair.

Plus you look much smaller that a size 14. Good choice of style Clap

Rainbow Islands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Islands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2009 at 10:20pm
It's such a big improvement! If I looked that good short I'd never want to grow my hair long again.
WLA79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLA79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 2:34am
Awww thanks everyone.....panics overLOL

The only thing I'm having probs with is some cowlicky bits that insist on going the opposite of where I want them, but my hairs that used to being in a side parting it'll take a week or two of washing and styling for It to re-adjust.

I forgot how liberating it actually is to cut all of your hair off, I was really concerned that I'd look too boyish being bigger than I used to be, but I've been told I couldn't look manly if I tried so thats something.

Whats strange is the reaction from people. The people who tried to talk me out of it are now the ones that love it the most!!!

My whole wardrobes changed too...I got rid of a 3rd of my wardrobe. Anything that made me look older or frumpy went in the charity bin.

I now have new funky baggies, cute Disney shirts and some really cute little hoodies...I feel like the old me and the real me, not hiding behind my old boring long hair.

Thanks for all the advice and lovely comments....SHORT HAIR ROCKS!!!!!! Big%20smileBig%20smileStarStarStarStar

Edited by WLA79 - February 13 2009 at 2:36am
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 7:15am
Look boyish or manly???  Thanks for the laugh!

Glad you took the chance & that this has worked out so well!
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2009 at 4:53pm
WOW! great haircut
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2009 at 11:18am
Great transformation!  Sounds like the short haired you was just screaming to come out!

Congrats!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2009 at 2:33pm
looks great
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic