Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

360's & Race [Pardon the long winded-ness]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AaDonis219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaDonis219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 360's & Race [Pardon the long winded-ness]
    Posted: February 17 2009 at 8:05am
 I havent been messin with this site at any lenth of time, in terms of membership at least  however, I have been so called "waving" for a few years but I never perceived there to ever be a science behind 360's, I just brushed, oiled & du ragged it at nite, common sense if you will, (i.e. getting the "T.I. bald fade" and not expecting the sides n back to just wave up with no effort lol.) I am now much, much more  aware of the diff methods/techniques to waving, but I have  always been well aware of the diff kinda textures and curl lengths etc
Anywho my thoughts are,..... can we please cease w/all the " Help im mixed...." rhetoric. Not so much in threads but in our thinking as well. Truth be told one in 3 African american males has at least ONE  white male ancestor on his paternal ( Y chromosome). In addition to that I also list the following:
  • 58 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5 percent European ancestry (equivalent of one great-grandparent);
  • 19.6 percent of African Americans have at least 25 percent European ancestry (equivalent of one grandparent);
  • 1 percent of African Americans have at least 50 percent European ancestry (equivalent of one parent); and
  • 5 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5 percent Native American ancestry (equivalent to one great-grandparent).

I offer this personal dash of insight as well, my father is half Dominican, yet HE AND his father specifically claim to be BLACK, NOT african american. Keep in mind that  in the eyes of YOU KNOW WHO, we all is  nigg-ras to them, regardless of what hot ass island we decend or not, as long as we're clearly NOT one of them. Given this, and the fact that " brushing against the grain" (pun intended) -there is no valid/necessary point in surgically dissecting our heritages, ethnicity and or racial back ground(s) in regard to our damn hair when you can post a pic. As they do speak a thousand words homies. So my fellow dominicans, ricans, mixed folks, etc im not suggesting you shouldnt be pround of your sh!t im asking why cant you stop beating an "invisble" dead horse.

• Edited by AaDonis219 - February 17 2009 at 8:10am

TheGOD[AZ]
    Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member
    360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 5:31pm
    I been saying this for forever. Props
    You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
    - Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaDonis219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 9:58pm
    Originally posted by Willie SKRILLA Willie SKRILLA wrote:

I been saying this for forever. Props

I wasnt aware ...but Word- Im glad some one understands.

TheGOD[AZ]
    Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member
    360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 7:23am
    Yeah I learned how to wave just reading I never made posts like "Mixed Hair What Do I Do". Nahmean its just waves. Brush ya hair and rag up and if it doesn't wave then it wasn't meant to. 
    You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
    - Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaDonis219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2009 at 4:49am
    Originally posted by Willie SKRILLA Willie SKRILLA wrote:

Yeah I learned how to wave just reading I never made posts like "Mixed Hair What Do I Do". Nahmean its just waves. Brush ya hair and rag up and if it doesn't wave then it wasn't meant to. 

Word. Im waitin for an asian cat to try n get waves. I see em here tryin to do their best B-boy 80's impression.

TheGOD[AZ]
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic