Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what should I do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what should I do?
    Posted: February 17 2009 at 6:55pm
OK, here's my story...I'm 57 years old (though I don't look it).  I've had a horrible time finding decent work here where I live, I got a job mid January and was laid off two weeks later.  I'm hoping to get it back in a month or so but that doesn't help my emotions right now...if you know what I mean.

I had used L'Oreal Colouer Experte Express in Ginger Twist on my dishwater blonde hair and I LOVED IT but it fades....I look at myself in the mirror and I want a change...I want to cut my hair except I've been trying to grow it out one more time before I really feel my ageLOL and I'd like to color it again because I liked the Ginger Twist so much.  What do I do?

I think it's a whole lot of emotional crapola going on with me right now, and I think if I LOOK different my life might BE different.  Even though I think those sort of thoughts, I know it isn't true...my life will be the same tomorrow morning that it is tonight whether my hair is colored or the length it is now...should I just not do anything right now and try to ride it out?  Make this sort of decision when I'm not quite so disturbed with stuff going on around me?  TTFN group...thanks for reading!
dobiesmama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dobiesmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 11:25am

Dear Red,

Be rest assured you are not alone in your feeling down in the dumps in these rough times.  It may be that a change in your look will help you feel better and lift your spirits but think what you are about to do through because sometimes we change our hair hastily and it may not come out like we thought and we may not like it.  Therefore making us feel worse.

Have you had shorter hair before?  If so did you like it? Also you say you like the ginger color.  Maybe re-coloring your hair but not cutting your hair so drastically but a little at a time will be a better way to go.

Whether your decide to go for the change or not I truly hope you feel better.

Good Luck to you.

redqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 10:27pm
Thank you!  Times are really tough for everybody, it's true.  Cutting my hair in smaller increments might be the way to go.  Best of luck to you too! And thank you for writing!  
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2009 at 11:40pm
I say go for it and color your hair since its nothing too drastic and you've had good experience with that color before.

It may not change your life, but it will have a lil impact by lifting your spirits and even in tough times everyone needs and could use a lil pick me up.

It could give you a new outlook on life, not letting your age define you, you're only as young as you feel type of mentality.
redqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 8:45am
Thanks Princess...good thoughts.  I'm going to give a lot of thinking to this over the weekend...we'll see what I do!  : ))  Thanks for the input
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2009 at 10:48am
I love to look at the Photos of Color / Cuts http://www.ukhairdressers.com/
or here or some fun mags GreatHair, Hair inspirations & Beauty, Hairstyles only.  I am looking for a change and have been taking forever!!! I think looking at old photos of yourself helps too...  HEHE  Plus keep in mind if you are doing a style that color will bring out or accentuate & Features of your face different cuts and styles show...  I think I will be doing the color first then cut. I do trim the ends & try different colors out of swatches I make with my own hair (fun!!).

Hoping you get the style/color that makes you smile! Cheers.Wink
redqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2009 at 8:23am
You know, BB, you're right about color affecting the appearance of a cut and you're also right about doing one thing at a time.  I know from past experiences if you make a number of changes at the same time and aren't happy it can be hard to tell exactly what it is that isn't working!  Thanks for the input...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic