Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bob haircut comeback?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob haircut comeback?
    Posted: February 20 2009 at 7:56am

Am I just not seeing this right or is anyone noticing after about a year of everyone from celebs to soccer moms letting the bob grow.

They seem to be making a strong comeback (where I live anyway)
I am noticing a ton of bobs again all over (malls, work, schools etc.)
From kids to teens, moms and celebs  am I right?
Not so much just the POB either but just all sorts of bobs chin length and banged, angled and even short nape bobs.
I thought the trend was dead but after seeing what seems to me like a lot over the past month maybe not.
most of them look freshly cut too.
agree or disagree?
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2009 at 8:58am
I never seen a trend away from them, Some have opted to grow out the A-Line cut for the winter season, but will have it done again when the weather changes. Remember this is a cut that can have so many variations and still the cut is called a BOB. The other cut that is making a come back is a shag.
Hang on here we go again
Mike
Laroxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laroxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2009 at 4:07am
I've had a bob for about 20 years in varying shapes and forms.  I had an a-line with it quite high in the back for several years and have just changed to an ear length bob with it still a bit higher in the back.  The nape is shaved and has been since I had the a-linie.  In fact my daughter has a very short mid ear bob with the nape shaved also, which was cut much shorter than I anticipated but even she likes it.  I was mortified when the hairdresser cut it this short but other people have commented that it really suits her and looks cute.

I hope it stays in fashion for years to come as it really is the best style for me.  Certainly celebs currently find it fashionable.
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 2:17pm
I don't think the Bob is going anywhere soon =D Luckily as i love this cut.

Laroxxy do you have any pictures of your or your daughters hairstyle you would feel happy to share with us.  I just love the way you discribes your hairstyles and those short napes.

Cheers
S
Laroxxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laroxxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2009 at 8:27pm
Not comfortable posting photos and certainly not of my daughter.
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 1:43pm
I think the bob is here to stay forever, it was in huge style in the 70's and has never really left us, lol.

I do at least 4 to 5 bob cuts a week in our salon, all varied;)
karen sanderson
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2009 at 9:35pm
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2009 at 7:48pm
Where did the A-line/inverted bob come from?  Here's an explanation:

HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic