Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BRAZILIAN KERATIN TREATMENT OR BKT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 12:56am

Shout out to NYC!

First, I finally ordered DermOrganics, tried it a couple times, and I don't like it.  I love 4Hair shampoo and conditioner, and I'm gonna stick with it.  I also love Goldwell Color Foam.

4Hair is a great product, makes hair super shiny and silky.  Being able to wash it out of your hair right away should solve your allergic problem.  Have it done professionally, and it should last 2 1/2 months.  That's how long it lasted for me.

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I keep reading BKT blogs hoping to find the best BKT product.  None of them seem to stand out from the rest.  Have you heard anything special about Marcia Texiera BKT?  Also, did you notice any difference in any of your BKTs?  Were any of them better?  Keep in touch.

LV

HomSweetHome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomSweetHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2009 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by LivLuv LivLuv wrote:

Shout out to NYC!

First, I finally ordered DermOrganics, tried it a couple times, and I don't like it.  I love 4Hair shampoo and conditioner, and I'm gonna stick with it.  I also love Goldwell Color Foam.

4Hair is a great product, makes hair super shiny and silky.  Being able to wash it out of your hair right away should solve your allergic problem.  Have it done professionally, and it should last 2 1/2 months.  That's how long it lasted for me.

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I keep reading BKT blogs hoping to find the best BKT product.  None of them seem to stand out from the rest.  Have you heard anything special about Marcia Texiera BKT?  Also, did you notice any difference in any of your BKTs?  Were any of them better?  Keep in touch.

LV

i heard Marcia Texiera BKT is the best and most consistent.  Which BKT did you use Livluv when you did the treatment yourself at home?

LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2009 at 12:49pm
I used 4-Hair.  Thanks for the tip on Marcia Texiera.  I may try it if they sell a sample size.

Just did a search and found another BKT that doesn't make you wait called "Brazilian Blowout."  The stylist offered Global Keratin, Coppola and Brazilian Blowout, and she said she liked Brazilian Blowout the best.  My stylist offered Coppola and 4Hair, and liked 4Hair the best. 

I just cut my hair, and getting a good cut makes a big difference in the condition of your hair and how easy it is to blow dry. 

I'm going to stick with 4-Hair because I'm spoiled not having to wait to shampoo my hair.  I wish I knew more people who have tried the "no wait" BKTs and can compare them to the regular BKTs.  I might just try a regular BKT like Marcia Texiera so I can judge the difference.  4-Hair is going to be hard to beat.

LV

Edited by LivLuv - June 29 2009 at 3:49pm
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by HomSweetHome HomSweetHome wrote:

I heard Marcia Texiera BKT is the best and most consistent.  Which BKT did you use Livluv when you did the treatment yourself at home?

This salon offers Marcia Texiera and 4Hair and charges more for the 4Hair treatment!  This means 4Hair is better than Marcia Texiera?  I hope so.  4Hair is what I've been using.  Read what they say about Marcia Texiera & 4Hair:

LV

Edited by LivLuv - July 08 2009 at 3:59pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomSweetHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2009 at 11:19pm
Which BKT did you use Livluv when you did the treatment yourself at home?< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2009 at 6:03pm

4-Hair is the only BKT I've ever used.

First I had it done professionally for $350.

I've done it twice at home by myself.

LV

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomSweetHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 12:28pm
where did you buy the 4-hair bkt?
LivLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 4:39pm
When you go to this website, email them and ask for a price list.  Be prepared, because they will ask for your cosmotologist license number.

Buy the 4Hair Brazilian Keratin Treatment Straightening and Volume reducer ( Residue Extractor Shampoo 1 & Treatment 2 ) with the red label shown here:

They sell a 4 oz. sample kit which comes with enough for 2 treatments for $45.00.  They will send an instruction DVD if you ask for it.  You will also need to buy the maintenance shampoo ($10.00 for 6.5 oz.). Use any conditioner without Sodium Chloride so check the ingredients.

I recommend having it done professionally first.  It's expensive but consider it a learning experience.  Go ahead and ask the stylist exactly what they are doing and take notes.

lv
frizzyNYCgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzyNYCgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 8:28pm
I have used many products:
Marcia Texiera-I found fair results-lasted 2 months at best
I went twice to a salon (Lasio Studios) that sold their own brazilian brand-a one day hair wash (fair to poor results) and a 4 day (fair-good results)
The last brazilian was 6 weeks ago, and I think it is fabulous-except for my allergy.  It is Rejuvenol with Collagen and Booster (probably more formeldahyde.  So far my hair is straight, thick and never frizzes.  I really love this product, however I seem to be allergic when initially applied.  I washed my hair after 2.5 days and my hair is still tame and frizzless.  
My hair thanks you for sharing your thoughts,
NYC girl
frizzyNYCgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzyNYCgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 8:42pm
I checked out the link and this salon says that both products are FDA approved.  I don;t think that is accurate.  I went to Marcia's website and under testinmonials it said that  "does not require pre-market safety testing, review, or approval for any cosmetics, including hair straightening products". 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomSweetHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 3:44am
Originally posted by LivLuv LivLuv wrote:

When you go to this website, email them and ask for a price list.  Be prepared, because they will ask for your cosmotologist license number.

Buy the 4Hair Brazilian Keratin Treatment Straightening and Volume reducer ( Residue Extractor Shampoo 1 & Treatment 2 ) with the red label shown here:

They sell a 4 oz. sample kit which comes with enough for 2 treatments for $45.00.  They will send an instruction DVD if you ask for it.  You will also need to buy the maintenance shampoo ($10.00 for 6.5 oz.). Use any conditioner without Sodium Chloride so check the ingredients.

I recommend having it done professionally first.  It's expensive but consider it a learning experience.  Go ahead and ask the stylist exactly what they are doing and take notes.

lv

so i tried the Rejuvenol Vanilla BKT (i have a new post on it) and it worked OKAY but i want better =P so now i want to try the 4hair products like you mentioned above.  I went on the site but i don't see any place where i can buy their products or the trial 4 oz. sample kit you were talkinga bout?  Thanks!
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">
nati84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nati84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2010 at 10:35pm
Ladies!! What are you using on your roots in between BKT treatments? I have very curly coarse hair that grows super fast. My BKT lasts about 2.5 months but in between my roots grow out curly. So I'm walking around with board straight hair and curly roots, lol. I don't use relaxers but if there's anyone out there that has any advice I would love to hear it. Thanks!!
Kendo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kendo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 6:34pm
I was in Japan for three years. I missed my hair dresser the most. I had to deal with a language barrier and the fact that Japanese hair dressers tend to do it their own way. The result was that I did it myself at home.

Webmaster Curling iron reviews
napagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote napagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2010 at 1:18am
hi,

I had the Beox Brazilian Keratin done in May.  I was talked into it by my stylist.  I had somewhat damaged ends, and she said that was fine.  After 3wks (and yes, I followed all the shampooing rules and used the products given to me), the kink was back full force, and the ends were breaking off in 2-3inch  pieces!   I also had horrible burning of my eyes during the treatment, and a cough that last the first night.  My hair smelled like burned rubber. 

I have researche what went wrong, and found that the experience of the stylist is paramount.  She had just started this.. the 450deg flat iron recommendation by the vendor is not set in stone, as I understand.  My hair was probably damaged by the stylist vs. the product.  That said, I wouldn't do it ever due to the toxicity.

Beware of any product that says "formaldehyde free".  Look at the MSDS form-  ANY -aldehyde is the same type of chemical as formaldehyde.  I am in the scientific field, and I am familiar with these chemicals.  I went forth because I thought the % was low enough to not cause irritation.  I was wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic